At what age do silkies start to lay????

do you need a nesting box for silkies to start laying? I have them for my larger hens but they are high off the floor. my silkies sleep in a pen within the coop. the door is always open on it. it is where they lived when I introduced them to the flock and they continue to sleep in there in a huddle. I thought they might use it as a place to lay also. they are close to 9 minths old and still have not laid. now the rooster crows like he's a big deal. 

My silkies lay in choice boxes like the rest of the flock.

Has your 11 month old started laying eggs? I recently bought a white buff silkie female that is 11 months old and I know she is female as she came sexed with papers, but she still hasn't played eggs and I know it could be that she has only been with us for two weeks. I was wondering if yours has started to lay eggs!

MY PITT BULL IS A AWESOME GUARDIAN! SHE SAVED ONE FROM A RED TALL HAWK!! ALSO HELPS ME GET THEM IN THE COOP AT NIGHT!

Mine just turned 20 weeks on Sept 22nd today is Sept 24 and she just laid her first egg so it is possible for a silkie to lay at 5 months

It's the smallest egg in the picture

Back
Top Bottom