ATTN: Yokohama Lovers!

I have ideals RS Yokohamas, dont expect the tail lengths they say they will achieve.... you will be lucky if they do... and if they do i will be JEALOUS!!!
i just hatched a chick from my pair only one out of 6 eggs i set.... still tryin....!
Mine is not supposed to be a male. I paid for female, so I am not expecting much tail length. I only ordered it because I thought the coloring was pretty. Still, it's very cute now, but seems to be near the bottom of pecking order so far. With her being on the smallish side compared to the Dominickers and White Rocks I kind of worry about her some. Might end up putting her with my D'uccles if she gets picked on too much.

Thats what i did last year until they feathered out and could handle the rest of the flock.... i got them in may and after a few weeks put them outside in a 4x6x4 brooder... they LOVED that! If you go back a few pages you can see them! I love my girl! Her and my sumatra hen are my favorites! DW named her Adaline... as for pecking order.... she was at the bottom but as she grew she started getting up there... now shes 2nd or 3d in line... my sumatra is #1 in the pen i have them in!
I was planning on getting some eggs from onagadori this month but had issues with my pay and cant now so maybe next month! I really want the long tail the Yokohamas are supposed to have!

Thats what i did last year until they feathered out and could handle the rest of the flock.... i got them in may and after a few weeks put them outside in a 4x6x4 brooder... they LOVED that! If you go back a few pages you can see them! I love my girl! Her and my sumatra hen are my favorites! DW named her Adaline... as for pecking order.... she was at the bottom but as she grew she started getting up there... now shes 2nd or 3d in line... my sumatra is #1 in the pen i have them in!
I was planning on getting some eggs from onagadori this month but had issues with my pay and cant now so maybe next month! I really want the long tail the Yokohamas are supposed to have!
I have 6 assorted D'Uccles that she could live with if things get ugly but so far she is good. She doesnt' seem to be putting up with any Bull from the big girls! I love the look of Sumatras, do they do OK in confinement?

Here's some pics of one of my Red Shouldered Yokohama roosters taken today with the old fashioned double daffodil - Van Sion. The daffodil is of note as it has been sold and passed along for free by gardeners for centuries. The fragrant blooms come from this exceptionally tough plant - it multiplies and blooms where many other daffodils can't even survive.

Here's some pics of one of my Red Shouldered Yokohama roosters taken today with the old fashioned double daffodil - Van Sion. The daffodil is of note as it has been sold and passed along for free by gardeners for centuries. The fragrant blooms come from this exceptionally tough plant - it multiplies and blooms where many other daffodils can't even survive.
Absolutely Beautiful. Very nice..

how old are they? DW likes the top better than the bottom.... the tail is a bit fuller in the cock in the bottom pic that one i like!!!

Both photos are of the same rooster - two years old at this time.

I'm happy folks enjoy looking at the photos and noticing differences depending on the stance and positioning. If he was on a raised surface, the curtain effect of his feathering would again show different traits.

Back
Top Bottom