ATTN: Yokohama Lovers!

Hello! I just want everyone to know that I think Yokohamas are gorgeous and I hope this thread continues on. I love the bantams and standards. Would be great to see more enthusiasts become active in this breed. I had some when I was younger. Seems that the red shoulder variety is hard to perfect. How's everyone doing with their birds?

I too would like this thread to increase in size, but there just doesn't seem to be very many with them
sad.png
My pair are going along greatly, they have really feathered up ( although still not much tail ) and I think the pullet is getting close to laying.

I would love to see some pictures when you get a chance!
love.gif
That's too bad, Yokohamas should be way more popular than they are. They are such beautiful birds! I would love to see someone take on that red shouldered color and perfect it. Yokohamas deserve to have a large fan base. I think that part of the problem is the standards and bantams both need a lot of work and some people are kind of at a loss as to what they should do with them. I've heard that some breeders are having trouble getting that strawberry comb on them and most have pea combs. Anyway, Yokohamas are very gorgeous and exotic. Maybe they will captivate more breeders if we keep this thread alive.

He should be just over 4 months or so.. I can't remember when exactly I shipped them to you, but he hatched about 2 weeks after that.. So maybe 4 and a half months.. He's actually part of my red shouldered American Longtail project.. Going to try for nonmolters in this color.. His brother has a better tail.. and is from the same hatch.. tails are coming on good. Brother is split for peacomb and straight.. I don't care about combs at this point.. pic of brother with larger comb..
Those are some GORGEOUS Yoko roos! VERY nice start! Some of the nicest coloring I've seen and they look good and healthy. I hope that you are still working on these! Very nice! I really appreciate the colors on the pea comb guy.

Well I am in Australia ( different standard ) and my two ( beginner ) are only still young, the hen has yet to lay. So please no judgement on how 'un perfect' you think they may look. I did get them from a breeder who has spent many years on them though.

These photo's are a few days old though and since then the rooster has more of a tail on him
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom