August 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Eggs came in today. I lost 2 outta 30 which is SUPER surprising based in the packaging. The air cells don't look too bad either....

One cracked egg was all over the box and some of the other eggs...and one was cracked but membrane not broken...so cracked it to check to see if it was fertile...it was...

Gonna let em rest till this evening...

Attachments

• 20230719_100353.jpg
    20230719_100353.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230719_100402.jpg
    20230719_100402.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230719_101336.jpg
    20230719_101336.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 12
Last week I cleaned all my incubators, brooders and chick rearing equipment and doo-dads, putting them away until next Spring. Today I pulled them back out again.

The quail in the big walk-in pen didn't get fastened up properly last night and I woke up to every single one of the quail dead, and most decapitated...tracks in the mud (we got just over 3 inches of rain yesterday) indicate it was a raccoon. I gathered all the remaining eggs that they had lain since yesterday afternoon and set them, along with the previous days eggs we hadn't eaten yet, into an incubator. The eggs are due to hatch August 5th.

Attachments

• 20230719_213502.jpg
    20230719_213502.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 9
The quail in the big walk-in pen didn't get fastened up properly last night and I woke up to every single one of the quail dead, and most decapitated...tracks in the mud (we got just over 3 inches of rain yesterday) indicate it was a raccoon. I gathered all the remaining eggs that they had lain since yesterday afternoon and set them, along with the previous days eggs we hadn't eaten yet, into an incubator. The eggs are due to hatch August 5th.
I’m sorry to hear this. Best wishes for the next round. :hugs

Last week I cleaned all my incubators, brooders and chick rearing equipment and doo-dads, putting them away until next Spring. Today I pulled them back out again.

Fingers crossed for a solid hatch!!
So sorry for your loss!

Back
Top Bottom