Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I like your thinking; I am now down to 1.25 chickens! I can have 19 more bantams!

I am convinced ... now I just need to convince hubby
wink.png

Tee hee vehve

Actually, I only have 4 adults .. LuLu the Frizzle is his! So, mixing that into the calculations ............................... lol

He loves them as much as I do. I was telling my sister over the phone the other day that I now have 5 gals (was only ever going to have two! Yeah, right!) and this voice from the background piped up and said "No, you have 4!" lol

In all seriousness, I am actually pleased I am limited to 6; it is a nice number for our current set up and land size; anymore would not be fair on them or the neighbours. If I didn't have a limit I would probably go crazy so best to be kept under control by him and Council laws
wink.png

Sold a couple of goats today and a couple of chickens. Donated $95 to Baker IDI (diabetes research) 50% for them. 50% for me.
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute

www.bakeridi.edu.au/
That's awesome! And I can't believe how white your goats are. They look freshly shampood.

Now if only there was some correlation between my chicken math & noise level!

@Jellyballoo I'll probably be there about 10:30 so if I see any silkies I could let you know. How careful you need to be also depends on your current birds as well. My original flock were vaccinated for Mareks, but the chicks are not so that changes the risk factor a bit.

That's awesome!  And I can't believe how white your goats are.  They look freshly shampood.

Now if only there was some correlation between my chicken math & noise level! 

@Jellyballoo I'll probably be there about 10:30 so if I see any silkies I could let you know.  How careful you need to be also depends on your current birds as well.  My original flock were vaccinated for Mareks, but the chicks are not so that changes the risk factor a bit. 

There are worse things than mareks out there. It's not recommended that you mix vaccinated birds with non vaccinated. Apparently keeping a turkey or 2 in your flock will help them build immunity to mareks. I lost 4 to fowl pox last year and that was hideous. I found this article to be useful.

http://www.swpoultry.com/CindySite/vaccination.html

Back
Top Bottom