Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

That's awesome!  And I can't believe how white your goats are.  They look freshly shampood.

Now if only there was some correlation between my chicken math & noise level! 

@Jellyballoo I'll probably be there about 10:30 so if I see any silkies I could let you know.  How careful you need to be also depends on your current birds as well.  My original flock were vaccinated for Mareks, but the chicks are not so that changes the risk factor a bit. 

Thanks we decided we will go, I'm sure our son will love it
We are hoping to get there right as it starts at 9
We got Penny and Speckles from a produce store and they are both vaccinated
Should the birds sold there all be vaccinated (if old enough)?

Thanks for the links Fancychooklady :)

Last edited:
Thanks we decided we will go, I'm sure our son will love it
We are hoping to get there right as it starts at 9
We got Penny and Speckles from a produce store and they are both vaccinated
Should the birds sold there all be vaccinated (if old enough)?

Thanks for the links Fancychooklady :)

Not always be best to ask.

Thanks for the links Fancy. I've read about turkeys & mareks before, but unfortunately that's not possible for us. Interestingly, her description of LT matched what I've read of coryza which my birds haven't been vaccinated against. Although my birds have been vaccinated against mareks, they were bought as day olds & incubator born so it's unlikely that they were exposed & that the vaccine is masking symptoms.
Congrats on Chicken pic of the week! Such a beautiful story with lovely pics as usual. : )

Just got back from the poultry day
Not as much there as I thought there might be
There were a couple of silkies and loads of frizzles aswell as some cute little bantams that caught my hubbys attention, I couldn't remember the name of them but he loved the roosters and was trying to tell me that they didnt crow so loud so maybe we could get away with getting one :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom