Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

It has rained so hard here that the worms are coming to the surface. The silkie boys don't quite know what to think of it. :)

Oh what a beautiful picture. Beautiful green grass, Stunningly handsome silkies and rain. What more could a girl ask for :love

My mornings have officially become ridiculous.

Carl and colonel have to be put in the bunny cage with their own special breakfast (colonel is now showing exact same symptoms as Carl had, I'd missed the weight loss as she looked awful from her worst molt ever and so thought that was why she was looking scrawny)

Penny needs to be carried up to the broody run and given her food as she's too scared to come out and eat otherwise.

Winry and Al locked up in Alcatraz (our other broody area) so they can have a chance to get some breakfast (also noticed this morning winry just drank and drank and dran so need to check she hasn't joined Carl and colonel with that bug (her and colonel kept trying to drink the Ick poop squirt water dripping out of Carl's cage so guessing they managed to get enough to get sick themselves)

Leaving the three australorps running round like mad things haven't eaten for a week trying to get to everyone else's food.

I need a much simpler plan b. Locking up the Aussies would be easier but they are the only ones laying and need to access the nesting box. Arghhhhhhh

Last edited:

Carl and colonel have to be put in the bunny cage with their own special breakfast (colonel is now showing exact same symptoms as Carl had, I'd missed the weight loss as she looked awful from her worst molt ever and so thought that was why she was looking scrawny)

Penny needs to be carried up to the broody run and given her food as she's too scared to come out and eat otherwise.

Winry and Al locked up in Alcatraz (our other broody area) so they can have a chance to get some breakfast (also noticed this morning winry just drank and drank and dran so need to check she hasn't joined Carl and colonel with that bug (her and colonel kept trying to drink the Ick poop squirt water dripping out of Carl's cage so guessing they managed to get enough to get sick themselves)

Leaving the three australorps running round like mad things haven't eaten for a week trying to get to everyone else's food.

I need a much simpler plan b. Locking up the Aussies would be easier but they are the only ones laying and need to access the nesting box. Arghhhhhhh

Do you know what this condition is?

If you lock the Aussies up you could put a nest box in. It doesn't sound like you would be doing it short term. If you don't have any spare you could make one. I've just made a few out of those black plastic crates in an attempt to deter the crows. But I noticed they would be good to stick in quarantine pens. Anyway you cut a hole the size of 2/3 an A4 sheet of paper at one end of the long side of the crate and add bedding. You collect the eggs by lifting the lid. My girls like it so far. They are easy to disinfect and as they are a complete unit you can stick them anywhere on the ground or on a shelf, ledge.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Just a quick update on Brax; the owner, who is back from overseas, eventually called my neighbour yesterday afternoon and did not want to surrender Brax to my neighbour but did admit “I could take better care of my animals” . . . . ya think Sunshine? So, once again, it appears that he was not missed for at least 2 days. Anyways, Brax has been returned to his owner via the RSPCA who have now opened a case and to which I have added my statement.

Both my neighbour and I are concerned for Brax’s welfare. The RSPCA has advised that they returned him because their policy is to educate but I believe they are keeping a very close watch on him.

I will let you know if/when we hear anything.

Gees appps, it is mayhem at your place! As MyHaven has asked, do you know what the condition is? or was “that bug” just a reference to Carl’s, and now Colonel’s, crop problems?

Oh what a beautiful picture. Beautiful green grass, Stunningly handsome silkies and rain. What more could a girl ask for :love

I did hesitate when posting that pic, thought mm, satay will think I'm showing off with all that green stuff. :lau
Seriously people say they don't want white silkies cause they get dirty. I've never washed those boys and it has rained to the extent that everyone needs gumboots.
Our new horse from QLD arrives on Thursday, poor bugger is in for a shock, 28 there , 13 here. At least he's had a few days in Melbourne to acclimatize . His new rug came this morning , now we just have to fit him up for gumboots. :D

Oh that's a bit of a worry. The only things I can think of that cause excessive thirst are egg binding ( peritonitis ) , crop impaction , kidney or liver damage salmonella or metal poisoning. I'd be inclined to strip the coop and run and wash it down, check for rancid scraps of food, check the feed storage for mould , up the vitamins in the water , worm them all again and closely monitor them.
Could be a combination of the moult and parasites bringing them down, which is definately the lesser of 2 evils.:)

I did hesitate when posting that pic, thought mm, satay will think I'm showing off with all that green stuff. :lau
Seriously people say they don't want white silkies cause they get dirty. I've never washed those boys and it has rained to the extent that everyone needs gumboots.
Our new horse from QLD arrives on Thursday, poor bugger is in for a shock, 28 there , 13 here. At least he's had a few days in Melbourne to acclimatize . His new rug came this morning , now we just have to fit him up for gumboots. :D

:lau Na i like looking at other peoples greenery :lau I only have dirt and brown grass.

Good morning folks :frow

Just a quick update on Brax; the owner, who is back from overseas, eventually called my neighbour yesterday afternoon and did not want to surrender Brax to my neighbour but did admit “I could take better care of my animals” . . . . ya think Sunshine?  So, once again, it appears that he was not missed for at least 2 days.  Anyways, Brax has been returned to his owner via the RSPCA who have now opened a case and to which I have added my statement.

Both my neighbour and I are concerned for Brax’s welfare.  The RSPCA has advised that they returned him because their policy is to educate but I believe they are keeping a very close watch on him.

I will let you know if/when we hear anything. 

Gees appps, it is mayhem at your place!  As MyHaven has asked, do you know what the condition is? or was “that bug” just a reference to Carl’s, and now Colonel’s, crop problems?

I hope for Brax's sake that the owner becomes more responsible.

Back
Top Bottom