Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

They do look very similar!
Do you know what breeding yours is? Is he a pure frizzle, or a frizzle of a different breed?
( always find that a bit confusing, am I right in that 'frizzle' is a breed in itself, but you can also have frizzles of any breed?
One of my best friends is a frizzle breeder so I believe there are specifics when it comes to the frizzle gene, singles and doubles. I can ask if you like. Otherwise the frizzle gene can show up in all sorts of X-breeds, such as an Australorp.

Do you know what breeding yours is? Is he a pure frizzle, or a frizzle of a different breed?
( always find that a bit confusing, am I right in that 'frizzle' is a breed in itself, but you can also have frizzles of any breed?
Yes, frizzle is a breed but I've yet to see a purebred frizzle or find someone who breeds them. They're supposed to be single combed, cleaned legged, with four toes, and I don't think they're supposed to be bearded or crested.
Breeds with frizzle as a recognised variety are Polish, Cochin, and Japanese bantam, I believe. But crossbreeding can introduce the frizzle feathers to any breed, that's what I want to do with my barnevelders.

@LozzyR and @MaryJanet here's the video I took. They've grown a fair bit since then, but its still rather funny!
(excuse the mess in the back ground, it had been very windy the day before)
They're adorable!

I Love You GIF

He is just a barnyard mix. Frizzle Polish cross who knows what, the lady I got eggs from had a flock of mixed hens and the Polish rooster. but if I remember correct he hatched from a bluish green egg

Hello @ChickenLoverTrin ! Welcome and Happy Christmas! You’ll find this thread rather quiet at times but don’t worry…someone will reply eventually! 😁
Bahaha no worries mate! And thank you! Merry Christmas to you too!
Ahoy from Wollongong!
Wollongong!! I love it there... it's so pretty! Especially the beach!

Back
Top Bottom