Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

1705099367535.png

He's supposed to be watching the water, but I think he's checking out the topless hens lol

Attachments

• 1705099251098.png
    1705099251098.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Just found this thread. Hello from the Darling Downs! Hope the hectic weather for everyone is somewhat bearable. Our little pocket has dodged a lot of the damage but the rain was definitely welcomed....especially after being told we were headed for 2yrs of drought and now they're saying we're back in either a La Nina or neutral weather pattern 🙄
Gday! It's been very mild in Adelaide, lots of rain. We had the wettest December in 70 years and January has been tropical with some very rainy days and a bit of dry heat in between, but nothing too overwhelming. I don't think we've had a day in the 40s yet.

Gday! It's been very mild in Adelaide, lots of rain. We had the wettest December in 70 years and January has been tropical with some very rainy days and a bit of dry heat in between, but nothing too overwhelming. I don't think we've had a day in the 40s yet.
I wish we would get a few days in the upper 30s... at least that would go some way to drying out the ground. Plenty of cicadas singing this early is a good sign.

Holy heck! Be weird not having a day in the 40s. I grew up in southern NSW and we pretty much had whatever weather Adelaide had the day before.

Just popping in to say hello!

I am a new member from just outside Mackay, Queensland. I am not a first time chicken owner, but it's been almost a year since my last one (a rooster I raised from a chick and had to re-home), and I've only owned 2 other chickens over my lifetime.

I currently own 1 Belgian D'uccle chick and 2 Silkie chicks, that I am raising along with my younger sisters' two Belgian D'uccles. Praying they are all hens this time, as I can't keep roosters where I live.

I am a new member from just outside Mackay, Queensland. I am not a first time chicken owner, but it's been almost a year since my last one (a rooster I raised from a chick and had to re-home), and I've only owned 2 other chickens over my lifetime.

I currently own 1 Belgian D'uccle chick and 2 Silkie chicks, that I am raising along with my younger sisters' two Belgian D'uccles. Praying they are all hens this time, as I can't keep roosters where I live.
Hi! Nice to meet you :) I've never had Silkies and D'Uccles but I've heard they make lovely pets. Good luck with them, hope you get some pullets!

Hello and welcome to the site👍

Mackay is very nice part of the country.

Welcome to BYC and this thread!

Hi! Nice to meet you :) I've never had Silkies and D'Uccles but I've heard they make lovely pets. Good luck with them, hope you get some pullets!
They certainly do make great pets. This is my second time raising these breeds (previously raised a silkie hen and Belgian D'uccle rooster), and they were both very friendly affectionate pets.

Back
Top Bottom