Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Keep looking, they are beautiful birds... aras are too though :)

Oops, how did those duck eggs get in there?

:lol: Love it chook :)

No. The only true pure bred Marans in Australia are French Wheaten Marans and they have the darkest egg here. Any other form whether it be Black copper, blue ect. are created here using the French Wheaten Marans over many generations and usually will not have a dark enough egg to be called a Marans.

Eeeh im freaking out!!
Stella starting laying probably a week back and her eggs were lovely shape and size I even made some delicious quiche. But Tuesday morning I noticed an egg in the pond it was soft, I thought because it was laid in water. That afternoon dad found another soft egg and this is a picture of all the eggs after that.

THEY'RE ALL SOFT !!! And they haven't hardened at all the only hard is her first egg which I have kept.

Has anyone ever had this issue before is it her diet? I don't understand if it is her diet why were the other eggs ok? The only thing that I would say has changed is I have introduced her to watermelon but not excessive amounts.
Any advice and help would be great also there aren't many pet stores around us with duck feed the one I bought from our local just says for adult ducks.. I give her and Stanley some of this and fruit and veg daily but they are always finding bugs in the yard, I also have a bowl of shell grit for them. Also in the photo the one that looks the most soft is the latest, it's as if they are getting softer.
Like I said any help much appreciated!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom