Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Sorry for the image... I found this poo in the coop this morning and not sure if it's normal??

I consulted the "poo chart" and it looks like a normal one with shed intestinal lining but also not sure if it's bloody poo i need to worry about? Can anyone help? Thanks!

The poop looks really bloody to me. Think fancy is your best bet to answer this one., @Fancychooklady

Oh lol. Where did I get 30 from!?!?
What colour Runners. I loved the Runners I used to have.
I am thinking of getting geese now.

I don't know lol. I had best count them when I go feed them today but I am sure it is around 12 or so. My runners are 3 white, 2 girls and a guy, 1 black girl ,1 fawn girl and 1 harlequin male. I forgot my other fawn girl died last year so only have 6 now.
I had a pair of geese when we first moved here. Lets just say we where not good friends. They would attack me every time I went in the yard. They have been living at my neighbours a few doors up for years now. They still try to attack me if I go in her pen lol.

The poop looks really bloody to me. Think fancy is your best bet to answer this one., @Fancychooklady

Thanks, I hope Fancychooklady or someone can help! It's a bit liquidy too, not sure if it's cecal or diarrhea. There was another batch that looked similar but no red bits in it.

I have treated them for cocci with baycox from vet on the weekend, and also wormed them with levamisole in the water and moximax pour on. Lordstark mentioned piperazine in another thread, do I need to treat them with that too??

They are still looking bright with good appetite, although one of them in particular had been molting a lot. I find lots of white feathers everywhere, but she's not looking bald at all?

Regarding DE - it works by dehydrating the exoskeleton of parasites, something it cannot do in a moist environment like the digestive tract.

I wouldn't waste my money on it as an intestinal wormer, IMO. There are other more effective and proven products for that.

That egg ferris wheel is awesome!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom