Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

We had some issues with aggressive roos, they kept going after the neighbors kids, then their mother, and then my better half. With the CTD you could keep them in check while you were out there, but I opted for a more permanent solution using my trusty Fiskars garden shears. The kids just didn't grasp the concept of walking in a dominant manner.

Wow cool

Yeah Bogan Gate's a real place lol. Anyway, apparently there was an explosion at a fire works factory.
Rain's been an anticlimax, barely wet the back cement. Came up real windy 15 mins ago and there's supposed to be a chance of storms.
Not holding my breath though.

So @vehve , You trim their spurs? How far? Someone one time told me that a rooster can die if you don't trim them....I think they were crazy, have never trimmed mine. You ever heard that?

JWB, our roo is only 7 months old and a very slow maturer, his spurs haven't developed properly yet. I have heard that people trim them down though, to my understanding they can do pretty serious damage when they've developed their spurs.

@SandeeC
 It's threatening rain but so far not much. We had a bit of a storm yesterday arvo but it mostly just passed us.I noticed things were looking heavy your way this morning. Here's hoping we don't get any bushfires from these storms. I heard something started up around Bogan Gate. 

@IamSamSam
 Lemon tree planted this morning, I'll be sure to shape it over the next few years. Would you recommend feeding it Seasol/powerfeed? 

Seasol is great and once a year I give mine a citrus feed ( slow release )

Seasol got rid of curly leaf I hate those bugs.

As I mentioned earlier I just kept mine small manageable and took all flowers off for two years and
Now it's great. Last years crop was lovely BIG Lemons !

Good luck with yours ! Oh what type did you get ?

Yeah Bogan Gate's a real place lol. Anyway, apparently there was an explosion at a fire works factory.
Rain's been an anticlimax, barely wet the back cement. Came up real windy 15 mins ago and there's supposed to be a chance of storms.
Not holding my breath though. 

We got half hour of thunderstorms yesterday with 20 mins of very heavy rain. Within 20ins it was steaming hot and the road had dried mostly

Then we have had more last night I gotup for work and we have puddles !:rolleyes:

So while dodging a wet dog who wanted his morning cuddle, I managed to step in one. Now I have a wet sock! And no time to change it or I'll miss the train to work

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom