Australorps breed Thread

Pics
65390_2010_09280004.jpg
[/img] Thats Peachy shes my daughters Aussie. Shes five months old and has started to lay. The Rooster with her is a Dark Cornish Bantam and Im going to try to see if I get anything from the three eggs that I have in the Incubator.. and yes Ive seen them mate LOL

65390_australorp-59141-14827.jpg
[/img] when she and her sis were babies..

yeah I love my Aussies.. Very talktive and always there to greet me when I go in and change their water..

Last edited:
I am so excited to find this thread!
Apparently everyone here loves their Aussies as much as I love mine.
They are incredibly sweet and friendly, and at 19 weeks 4 days became amazing egg layers! At what age did your ladies begin to lay???

This is week 3 of eggs and I have gotten 5/6 3 days this week (min. 3 eggs each day).
I love looking at the pics of everyone's birds and especially the regal and beautiful roos. My next goal is to get a couple of more hens and a roo, so we can make homegrown fuzzybutt chooks!
Thanks for sharing all this information and lovely pics.
I was so interested, too, in the differences between Australian native 'lorps, and ours, here, in the States.
Thanks again!

Brightest Blessings!

Rachel'sFlock :

Quote:
Any chance of a hidden nest, somewhere?
hu.gif

Mine are 5 months old and have been laying for almost 3 weeks.

no hidden nest, but i also have a RIR, EE, And a Black Star same age, but no eggs, although the Black star has sung the egg song a couple of times within the past week, so i guess any day now.
hu.gif

Quote:
Any chance of a hidden nest, somewhere?
hu.gif

Mine are 5 months old and have been laying for almost 3 weeks.

no hidden nest, but i also have a RIR, EE, And a Black Star same age, but no eggs, although the Black star has sung the egg song a couple of times within the past week, so i guess any day now.
hu.gif

enough protein? enough light hours?
I have no idea what their hold-up is, but these are the things I always hear about affecting laying.
I hope you wake up to a sweet little brown egg (or 3) tomorrow!!!
fl.gif

My little girls, at 23 weeks, today!
Happy Birthday AliceAnne, Gladys, Mathilda, Molly, Agnes, and Edna!!!

58241_23_week_old_chooks_028.jpg

Miss Molly Malone
58241_23_week_old_chooks_019.jpg

AliceAnne doing what she does best!
58241_23_week_old_chooks_037.jpg

6 months ago, if someone had told me I would be madly in love with chickens, I would have laughed in their face!
A lot can happen in 6 months! lol

Bright Blessings

Back
Top Bottom