Auto Feeder

Quote:
I finally got chicken run finished, just starting to think about this feeder thing. They have arrived, but I'm stuck to figure out a container that has a lid, and how to suspend it off the ground, but still make it easy to fill.

jmagill - what kind of container and tray did you use? Would you post a photo?

I am using a 5 gallon bucket right now but will be using a length of 6 inch ABS pipe the ones inside the coop.

24595_dsc_0026.jpg

24595_dsc_0027.jpg

Has anyone tried making something like this and selling from the US? It is a PAIN placing a bid and then getting outbid at the last minute...especially since there are a few of the same items up for auction that have no bids! I hate when people do that.

Quote:
There's another thread where the seller posted and said she would sell them outside of ebay. You would probably have to contact her through ebay to get her info first.

We put our feeder out yesterday or the day before and they haven't figured it out yet. I put red on the clicker and nothing. I might tie a little red ribbon on it. Maybe then they'll peck it. I think they're a little short for where we have it.

Thanks, gale65. I may try to ask her about that if I win an auction.
I don't know if my chickens will figure it out but they were pretty smart when it came to the nipple waterers. Took them about 10 minutes to get the hang of it.

The maker of these did respond to the email link under her profile on the other thread , just ordered two and they should arrive sometime next week.

With the exchange rate they cost around $20 for both.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom