Automatic feeder!

Quote:
What problems are you having? I am interested in getting some for my coops since I have a varmint problem but if it doesn't work I don't want it.

I don't know. I painted the end red first of all. The I tried it first with the pellets, made the hole larger if I sat that and hit it with my finger I could get some pieces to come out and I played & played with it the chickens around but they never would mess with it. They I got another bucket and tried it with the crumbles.. Same thing. I didn't figure it would be hard for them to get used to it since we had just changed to the nipple waterers and they caught on to that quick, but they just would not use it. I'm going to try it again and hopefull I can get them to use it!!
idunno.gif

Quote:
What problems are you having? I am interested in getting some for my coops since I have a varmint problem but if it doesn't work I don't want it.

I don't know. I painted the end red first of all. The I tried it first with the pellets, made the hole larger if I sat that and hit it with my finger I could get some pieces to come out and I played & played with it the chickens around but they never would mess with it. They I got another bucket and tried it with the crumbles.. Same thing. I didn't figure it would be hard for them to get used to it since we had just changed to the nipple waterers and they caught on to that quick, but they just would not use it. I'm going to try it again and hopefull I can get them to use it!!
idunno.gif

So the product worked but the chickens just didn't like it. I see. I am hoping that they will be varmint proof like they say. My husband says that nothing is varmint proof but we have huge squirrels that eat a lot of food

I have one of these and it did take me three tries to get the hole big enough, I ended up reaming it out with the tool for removing broken sprinklers risers. I could do it a little at a time that way. I use pellets in mine and the chickens figured it out just fine, although for about the first month it was the secret treat machine for my two silkies!
big_smile.png
It took that long for the other girls to figure it out, the four roos still aint figured out and its been setup about 4 months:confused:

Max

Mine still works great. Only problem is when the food forms a funnel inside the bucket and the flat part has nothing to propel forward.
I have figured a way to do the same with a teaspoon - works well too.

Quote:
Do your chickens not knock down the planter saucer? I think mine would. I've e-mailed the seller about ordering some but trying to figure out how I'm going to set it up.

Hi everyone.

Once again, I am the member over here in N. Ireland who many of you kind folks contacted about my "automatic feed dispenser trigger".

If any of you are having any issues with the feeder, please come back to me and we will sort out the problem. This is a simple and cheap item, but my husband and myself pride ourselves in providing a simple homemade solution to self service chicken feeding.

Contact us at [email protected] or check out the youtube video of it in action at the following link.

Regards,
Kate.

Just got mine in the mail and am soooo excited to figure out how to best use them! I want to try a number of setups to determine which will work best for me. I love the stump and saucer method because I hate having food on the ground. I may even try out the 4" pipe and drywall mud pan method too. We were thinking of using a 5 gal water bottle cut in half and placed inside a 5 gal bucket to house the feed and create funnel to keep the feed flowing down. I also saw an idea to use a dog medical collar thing inside a 5 gal bucket to do the same thing. I'm also thinking of modifying this feeder idea
to house the trigger feeder, maybe by using double buckets. I have some experimenting to do....

Realize this is an older thread, but bought it on ebay, set it up over concrete blocks 4 days ago - it's secure. My chicks are 7 weeks old and are wigged out by it whenever I jiggle it for the feed. They eat the feed off the plate. Of course I still have their reg. trough feeder in use. I'm guessing just their too young to try it. I'm keeping it in place as I think the design will cut down on wasted feed. Don't you love the youtube video? It comes from N. Ireland. I am so looking forward to the chicks to use it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicken-Duc...t=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item3a69fa32a2

Back
Top Bottom