Automatic opener for flap door?

I know this doesn't directly answer your original question, but have you looked at the ADOR1 doors? It would take about 5 minutes to install one on your coop. After getting up at sunrise and going out every evening for two years, it's worth it's weight in gold for us since it's now all automated.

I know this doesn't directly answer your original question, but have you looked at the ADOR1 doors?  It would take about 5 minutes to install one on your coop.  After getting up at sunrise and going out every evening for two years, it's worth it's weight in gold for us since it's now all automated.

And how much does that cost?

not being ruse just asking..why would u need a automatic door openiner? it take 5 minutes to maniually open it? also id be worried about a chick not making it in on time..

Last edited:
not being ruse just asking..why would u need a automatic door openiner? it take 5 minutes to maniually open it? also id be worried about a chick not making it in on time..

Because some people leave for work before the sun comes up. I free range my girls and so far I've been safe and lucky just opening the door when I leave for work at 530 am even though the sun won't be up for another 2-3hrs.

Because some people leave for work before the sun comes up. I free range my girls and so far I've been safe and lucky just opening the door when I leave for work at 530 am even though the sun won't be up for another 2-3hrs.
ah thats true i didnt consider that i work 8 to 6 so i dont have that problem:p wonder how many people have chicks hat get left out....mine are like clockwork the second the sun gets close to being down theyre in the coop roosted up

I have an automatic door.
On several occasions, I've heard of folks talk about the perceived danger of the door injuring a bird. I chuckle. When you compare the number of birds that have been injured by auto-doors (I'm still waiting to hear about one single bird caught in a door) as compared to the number of birds that fall victim to predators (many, many, thousands), I think it is safe to say that the doors save lives.

Convenience is the main reason I like my auto door. It allows me to leave town and/or sleep in.

My timer shuts the door a few minutes after dusk, so my birds have plenty of time to get inside. And unlike my teenage kids, my timer never forgets to shut the door
smile.png

I have an automatic door.
On several occasions, I've heard of folks talk about the perceived danger of the door injuring a bird. I chuckle. When you compare the number of birds that have been injured by auto-doors (I'm still waiting to hear about one single bird caught in a door) as compared to the number of birds that fall victim to predators (many, many, thousands), I think it is safe to say that the doors save lives.

Convenience is the main reason I like my auto door. It allows me to leave town and/or sleep in.

My timer shuts the door a few minutes after dusk, so my birds have plenty of time to get inside. And unlike my teenage kids, my timer never forgets to shut the door
smile.png
does it run if the electric is off

ah thats true i didnt consider that i work 8 to 6 so i dont have that problem:p wonder how many people have chicks hat get left out....mine are like clockwork the second the sun gets close to being down theyre in the coop roosted up

As are mine. They're tired and full by the time the sun starts to get low.

Back
Top Bottom