Automn Morning Massacre

redrstr29

Songster
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
Im SO Upset . I startred my flock again after 4 years, everything was just picking up. I decided to go to the gym last night quickly, I must not secured the door right, I heard at noise at 445 am, my whole flock of 10 has been massacred, and some didn;t even start layong yet, UGH all that work and $$$!!! Im so sad!! Poor girls, I feel so guilty!!

I just had to put down 2 cause they were badly injured
th.gif
Only 1 lone survivor

That's awful. So sorry. I know how you feel. A predator, I think a fisher got 5 of my ducks last wednesday. It's devastating. Any idea what kind of predator?

Thank you!!! yes very devestating, especially having to put the other 2 down and seeing them all mangled, Im sorry also!! I THINK it was a racoon, or a fisher? cat! ugh i had to dig a grave and bury them deep,been at it all day!!what a mess!! meat and feathers all over... ON the bright side (things must of been meant to be) I glanced at CL and A farm was downsizing and getting rid of 1 yr old layer hens 5$ each, the guy had atleast 300 ,.... I went right into the nest house and grabbed em off the nest boxes SO I KNEW FOR SURE they were still laying lol... UGH im so TIRED

When one door closes another opens. I'm glad you got replacements. This saved you lots of time and money. Now you have to predator proof the cop and pen. Secure gate latches make a big difference.
I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's hard. Been there, done that.
D.gif

hi ya
so sorry for your loss but made up that you had a happy ending
i am lucky i only have city foxes and my staffy george sees them off
i get more trouble with two legged predators
good luck
thumbsup.gif

When one door closes another opens. I'm glad you got replacements. This saved you lots of time and money. Now you have to predator proof the cop and pen. Secure gate latches make a big difference.
I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's hard. Been there, done that.
D.gif

This was actually, my fault, I remember rushing off last minute and I went down there I could of sworn I secured the coop, But I must have left the back door unlocked, as I do when I'm filling up their water and come right back, I had a few gotten 5 years back, and I rigged it up like Fort Knocks, so I blame myself, jeez....... One slip up I'm still in disbelief......But I can't believe I got such a good deal.....

hi ya
so sorry for your loss but made up that you had a happy ending
i am lucky i only have city foxes and my staffy george sees them off
i get more trouble with two legged predators
good luck
thumbsup.gif

thats a good doggie,!!! thank YOU

Back
Top Bottom