AYAM CEMANI - BREEDING & DISCUSSION.

Pics
You aren't too far from me... I might have some extras AFTER I sort out the culls, if you want some breedable stock...
Hi, I'm also near Nashville, I know this was posted a little further back in December, but if you have any you'd be willing to sell I'd love to try out this breed. I'm wanting to add a few more chickens to my flock and would love to get one or two. I live in Mt Juliet, east of Nashville but will gladly drive south to get them. Or do you know anyone else around Nashville that sells them?

Dave

Hi, I'm also near Nashville, I know this was posted a little further back in December, but if you have any you'd be willing to sell I'd love to try out this breed.  I'm wanting to add a few more chickens to my flock and would love to get one or two.  I live in Mt Juliet, east of Nashville but will gladly drive south to get them.  Or do you know anyone else around Nashville that sells them?  

Dave

Hi, Dave... I dunno if there's anyone in or around Nashville with them... what exactly are you looking for? Just a pullet or 2 for layers, breeding pair, or??? I haven't sorted them out yet, but will be soon...

Hi, Dave... I dunno if there's anyone in or around Nashville with them... what exactly are you looking for? Just a pullet or 2 for layers, breeding pair, or??? I haven't sorted them out yet, but will be soon...
Hi, so I'm a little new to terms still, pullets are young hens? I'm just hoping to find one or two hens for laying, we wouldn't be breeding them.
I showed my kids the breed and they thought the chickens were gorgeous, so we were hoping to add one or two to our small flock.

Hopefully that enough information :)
Dave

Hi, so I'm a little new to terms still, pullets are young hens?  I'm just hoping to find one or two hens for laying, we wouldn't be breeding them. 
I showed my kids the breed and they thought the chickens were gorgeous, so we were hoping to add one or two to our small flock.  

Hopefully that enough information :)
Dave

Yes, pullets are young hens within a year old... they're a wonderful breed, very curious and intelligent... gorgeous dark eyes, I think... they're also great broody mamas too..

If you aren't looking for breeding quality, I may have 1 or 2 later on... white middle toenail or such... little defects not suitable for breeding... I'll send you a PM when I get to sorting them out, sound good? This is my fave girl before she started laying... :)

Yes, pullets are young hens within a year old... they're a wonderful breed, very curious and intelligent... gorgeous dark eyes, I think... they're also great broody mamas too..

If you aren't looking for breeding quality, I may have 1 or 2 later on... white middle toenail or such... little defects not suitable for breeding... I'll send you a PM when I get to sorting them out, sound good? This is my fave girl before she started laying...
smile.png

I'd like to see a photo that shows the skin under the wing of a live bird with really dark skin. I've seen pictures of cooked birds that look like they've been dipped in black paint but I don't know if they darken when cooked or what! I have birds with dark-ish skin and I'm trying to determine if this is as dark as expected or not nearly dark enough. I had someone offer me a "dark" rooster and I was hoping to use him with my hens to get the next generation of hens to cross back to him and eventually get really dark birds but the photo I get in response looked basically like my birds that I didn't think were dark enough.

Back
Top Bottom