Aylesbury Ducks

The aylesbury ducks are alot of fun!!! I really like mine. They are out of UK Imports, I am in the process of importing some Aylesbury Duck eggs from the UK as we speak. Hopefully my import permit will be accepted.

The true aylesbury will have a white/pinkish bill and feet, but that will vary depending on the feed that they are given. With more corn(orange/yellow) it will actually change the color of the feet/bill.

Ill have to get some pics up of my aylesbury ducks, they are 4-6 weeks old, and I have a pair right now. Had 4 total, but 2 died, and ended up with a pair.

Eggs can be very spendy. I paid over $5.00 per egg plus shipping.

Nate

You would have to go thru the USDA and fill out an import application and there is a fee for that. Then you have to find a breeder to ship you.

Some countries are not Newcastle free, so it is hard to get eggs from them, unless they are hatched in a certified USDA facility and they charge X amount per day per egg(they also do not candle), and X amount per chick per day, for 10 days.

I want to say it was $7.00 per day for eggs, and $10.00 per day for chicks.

Nate

Importing eggs is actually far, FAR easier than people make it out to be. (Importing birds is actually not that difficult either, my family has done it many times over. It is just expensive and time consuming). All of the regulations are available online and are pretty straight forward and easily explained. Almost any country that someone here would import eggs from is on the END free list. It seems like the last time I checked there were about a dozen countries on the list. If you go the route of importing eggs, that is far easier than live birds. If the country is on the END free list, it is a matter of getting a relatively inexpensive permit and the health inspection in the country of origin. It is not a terribly complicated process. Of course, it is all a matter of perspective as well. If you are a serious breeder that doesn't mind investing a few hundred dollars in eggs (that likely only a few birds will hatch from), then it will probably not seem like a difficult process. If you are more of a pet owner that just wants a few birds for your own enjoyment, you might find the process too involved or costly for that.

Would it be easier for someone in the UK to source them and send to you if you were struggling to find a breeder who would ship or do they have to come from the breeder direct?

I have a small flock of ten! I observed robust mating activity on the pond a few weeks ago, and I have just collected my first few eggs this week and will be incubating whatever I get. I know they are not prolific egg layers so each one is precious! I will keep posting here with my progress.

We are looking for Ayelsbury ducks here in British Columbia, Canada. Do you have any and is it possible to ship to Canada? I would love to breed them here.

Nancy (Cuckoomama)

Im in the UK and a lot of the domestic population of Aylesbury's are in the UK, they are a very large breed, similar to cherry valley & pekins, decent egg layers. there are some breeders in the U.S I have some breeders contact info if you want it ?

Back
Top Bottom