Aylesbury Ducks

I have an Aylesbury couple, they are beatiful, playful and mostly wobble in my feet :D I'm not sure what male duck is called, but my male grew so fast that it's legs allmoust gave in :( at 2 weeks old he took massive growing frenzy and gained 1,5 kilograms (3,3 pounds?) in two weeks time :O We have a vitaminsupply (beer yeast) I think it's niasin based...

My ducks are from England and I am sure they are pure bred. flesh colourd bill, orange feet, and their skin is fleshy colour, unlike meny other duckbreeds, including Peking wich have yellowish kind skin.

Here are Tiuhti (f) and Viuhti (m) :)

and here as addults

Egg laying has started, and now we wait and see will these two breed ;)

Hello,
I'm looking for Aylesbury ducklings. Would you have any for sale or know where I can find a few? Thanks.
I live in Clear Lake, WI where we raise grass-fed beef.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
My Aylesburys look like bricks! Their bodies are heavy and square, with a very pronounced, droopy breast (keel?). They
are HUGE!
smile.png
Where did you get your Aylesbury?

Hi, I am in Wales, I have pure Aylesbury Ducks. they are very placid and gentle - I find especially the Drakes. They will follow you about and allow you to pick them up. Our Daisy was a wonderful mother and brought up 13 healthy ducklings last year. They are beautiful to look at - I am rather biaised towards them, even though I have runners and khaki campbells too.

Where did you get your Aylesbury?
. I got my flock of 10 from a farmer in Mississippi. At the time, I didn't realize how rare they are in the US, so I didn't ask where HE got them. :). Anyway, I traded 7 ducklings I managed to hatch to a local poultry breeder here in TN, in exchange for some silkies. Hardin Poultry, 731-607-7485. I don't know what their plan is for them, sale or breeding. I have one other that hatched after that, and is almost a month old. He/she is just the sweetest thing, and loves human interaction and to sit on your lap. I call him Mr. Bean, although I am not sure yet if he is a Mr. :). I will try to hatch more eggs next spring. Right now, the crows are getting all my eggs around the pond! :(.

I am interested in them and in potentially getting some.  I have learned some about them but would like to know if anyone has or does raise them and what your opinions are on them.  There seems to be very little here in the States either the information or the ducks.  Google only brings up UK sites. 

I have had muscovies for a few years now and would like to get another breed as well as the scovies.
. Stromberg's Hatchery, 800-720-1134, sells show quality Aylesbury ducklings for $12.50 each, but I just checked the site and they are out of season right now. Hope this info helps!

Back
Top Bottom