B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Quote: if the rooster is silver grey, the pullets will be silver the cockerels will be golden. BUT if the hen was buff she throws a whole other realm of possibilities, because of the wheaten and dilute factors involved with buff. if she wasn't pure, then who knows. anything's possible, but pullets would be silver vs red based. that would be for sure.

Greetings Group! I'm pretty excited as I finally got my hands on a couple of SGD pullets!
celebrate.gif
I've been looking for a while - but they just aren't readily available in my area - as many of you have also experienced! The girls, Dolores and Dottie, are 6 weeks old, and are quarantining in my horse trailer..and so far, so good! Here's a look at them - I'm excited to watch them "slowly" develop! lol!

Greetings Group! I'm pretty excited as I finally got my hands on a couple of SGD pullets! :celebrate I've been looking for a while - but they just aren't readily available in my area - as many of you have also experienced! The girls, Dolores and Dottie, are 6 weeks old, and are quarantining in my horse trailer..and so far, so good! Here's a look at them - I'm excited to watch them "slowly" develop! lol!
Looks like you hit the jackpot !!! Those are nice birds !! Congrats

My first purebred Silver Grey Dorking! I'm beyond excited. Hatched, i want to say her, at 4am this morning. 5 more eggs left in the incubator.

And the Dorkings from sandhill ship on 9/22. Yay!

Good afternoon all:

I was able to hatch one red pullet from a local breeder @msladyhawke

I am still looking to set up a quad of reds and finding them has been difficult...I am located in SE PA. If anybody knows of any, I'd appreciate a 'heads up'
TIA

Good afternoon all:

I was able to hatch one red pullet from a local breeder @msladyhawke

I am still looking to set up a quad of reds and finding them has been difficult...I am located in SE PA. If anybody knows of any, I'd appreciate a 'heads up'
TIA
Are you wanting local or possibly shipped day-olds?

I don't know your local area, but here are the ones I know of that ship:

Mary Wetterstroem
Roseland Haven Farm
[email protected]

Plant City, Florida 33567
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roseland-Haven-Farm/170211816402340?sk=info&tab=page_info
"Chicks are $7 each for the Silver Grey and Red. I usually rather sell chicks than hatching eggs as fertility can be spotty with the Dorking hatching eggs. If I were to sell them they would probably be $30 per dozen plus the cost of shipping." - Mary Wetterstroem
(unknown cost of shipping)

And I know Dick Hortsman and Sandhill Preservation both ship Red's as well. Both of these are about $15 for shipping and Sandhill requires a minimum order of 25. Dick Hortsman is VERY backed up though. Long wait list for both chicks and eggs.

Everyone is in the approximate $6-$7 per chick.

Are you wanting local or possibly shipped day-olds?

I don't know your local area, but here are the ones I know of that ship:

Mary Wetterstroem
Roseland Haven Farm
[email protected]

Plant City, Florida 33567
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roseland-Haven-Farm/170211816402340?sk=info&tab=page_info
"Chicks are $7 each for the Silver Grey and Red. I usually rather sell chicks than hatching eggs as fertility can be spotty with the Dorking hatching eggs. If I were to sell them they would probably be $30 per dozen plus the cost of shipping." - Mary Wetterstroem
(unknown cost of shipping)

And I know Dick Hortsman and Sandhill Preservation both ship Red's as well. Both of these are about $15 for shipping and Sandhill requires a minimum order of 25. Dick Hortsman is VERY backed up though. Long wait list for both chicks and eggs.

Everyone is in the approximate $6-$7 per chick.

CG:

Thanks for your post...Mary doesn't have anything going now...I'll be pinging her in the spring!....TKS

Getting a dozen+1 Dorking eggs tomorrow in the mail.  This will be my first experience with hatching anything, so I hope it goes well.

Congrats! Which type? Colored, reds, silver grey?
Forewarning, I have only hatched one batch, but fertility is quite low, in my experience. It could have been that one batch, but thought I'd pass the information.

Back
Top Bottom