Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

I always order from Ideal. They have a huge selection and only a minimum amount you have to spend on chicks ($25). They add male chicks for warmth, sometimes turkeys, ducks, geese, etc. (or you can get insurance and no extra males). And shipping is less than $15, even with small/quarter box charges.

Nothing is available right now, other than their weekly specials, but they'll start hatching in bulk again in February.

Okay thanks! I'll look on their website. I hate that nothing is available anywhere lol

Babies are here and all alive! They disappeared yesterday with no tracking updates (they were supposed to arrive yesterday), so I thought they were all going to be DOA (tracking also said estimated delivery was MONDAY).

They sent me 14 bantams instead of the 10 I ordered (no complaints) and 15 packing peanuts.

Partridge cochin?

Mottled cochin?

Gold laced cochin? Or more partridge, I dunno.

Buff cochin.

Splash cochin? Has some gray in it. Love that look on its face!

Not sure. Silver laced something. Maybe sebright, maybe OEGB. TINY!

OEGB?

And I have no idea on these four.

Then a few of the packing peanuts, of course. Probably RIR.

The vicious (sarcasm) pitbull mix guard dog.

My orpingtons are 9 weeks now. So gentle an friendly so glad i ordered them!

I want more babies now! The only really little chick we had had a leg deformity and pastybutt. It died at about a week old. :-(
These pics are so cute tho...need more chickens...:love:jumpy

Luna hatched her first baby ever! First time she has ever gone 'broody', she is approx 3 years old :)

Baby appears to be a black silkie I accidently may have left his egg in the pen from.

UPDATE!! CHICK IS ACTUALLY MIXED.
Sweet but feisty thing lol. Wish it wasn't mixed because we don't like mixes, but if it's a pullet it can stay because we haven't been keeping too many pullets just for eggs.

Babies are here and all alive! They disappeared yesterday with no tracking updates (they were supposed to arrive yesterday), so I thought they were all going to be DOA (tracking also said estimated delivery was MONDAY).

They sent me 14 bantams instead of the 10 I ordered (no complaints) and 15 packing peanuts.

OH MY GOSH!!! Didn't you post these on Magistream.com in the How Was Your Day Thread? I remember it. ???

Sorry I sound like a little kid xD. I'm not. I'm a teen lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom