Back to Eden Gardening and Hugelkulture and other non-conventional garden methods

Pics
They have a kind of cucumbery taste. Be sure you harvest them from an area where the water is clean. When you prepare them, they are peeled, so there should be no contamination other than chemical. I've done the new shoots. but, am told that the immature seed heads are edible as are the roots.
my grandparents have a farm in the middle of now where, and it floods most years into a marsh/swamp, hoping that its a good spot for harvesting cattails, (its in the prairies), but its full of muskrats and ducks when its wet.

I want to try fiddleheads greens this year. if i like them i have more then i could possibly eat. I was thinking it would be fun to pickle them even if i didnt like them as an experiment. might like them pickled.
If you like asparagus you'll dig fiddleheads! My favorite way to prepare them (and about 90% of other veggies) is to just toss them with olive oil, fresh cracked black pepper, and a little salt. Put them in a single layer of a baking sheet/dish and roast 'em. Heavenly... :love

If you like asparagus you'll dig fiddleheads! My favorite way to prepare them (and about 90% of other veggies) is to just toss them with olive oil, fresh cracked black pepper, and a little salt. Put them in a single layer of a baking sheet/dish and roast 'em. Heavenly... :love

perfect way to keep most the nutrients, I also will lightly steam veggies then pepper and oil

perfect way to keep most the nutrients, I also will lightly steam veggies then pepper and oil
Even healthier! I'm definitely going to be steaming more veggies this season.

A well-know resilience gardener from Maine does exactly like you, but (as a strict vegan) sometimes he'll replace the oil with fresh ground oilseed meal (say from flax or confectionery sunflower seeds) ground in his Corona mill - used as a replacement for butter on steamed veggies. I'm hoping to get a good crop of sunflowers this year - if I do I'm going to try that, too!

Back
Top Bottom