Back yard rabbit group anyone?

There is a really good rabbit forum www.rabbitsonline.net .
smile.png

Hello, I could use more info on bunnies. I have 2 at the moment. A Dwarf female that is turning 5 in May and a neutered male Lionhead
( I think ). He's 2 yrs. We actually got him to keep the old lady bunny warm. He takes good care of her!
love.gif

I just adopted a rabbit (about 2 or 3 weeks ago, a neutered netherland dwarf) and have so many unanswered questions. I can't find any forums that seem active enough to post in and the book that I have doesn't really address my questions. Since I'm new to owning a bunny I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right for him, and I'm perplexed by his behavior...

I would LOVE a backyard rabbit group!

Well I just got into rabbits. New zealands to be exact. I have 3 does, I had a buck that was 4 months old, my daughter adopted him. The other day I went outside and heard him squeeling like crazy I picked him up and he wouldnt move his right leg. He quit squeeling so I put him back down, he died shortly therafter:(, any ideas? Now I need another buck. I bought them for raising meet rabbits.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ha!! You tell me! I have no idea of what these guys are!
PICT0043.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

I also have a pair of mini rex, and a dutch doe, but I don't have pics of them yet. Don't know why, just never got around to it! I love the rexes, they are so soft and sweet! Oh, btw, the pics are of 2 does (black? chocolate?) and a buck (spotted)

Last edited:
i would love a rabbit group i just started into the rabbit world i have 4 commercial nzw rabbits 3 does and a buck i will try to start breeding the first of Febuary 2 does and the buck are around 20 wks then i got 1 doe that is 1 year old and has 3 babies with her at the moment there 1 wk old she had a total of 8 but she had them on the wire and i could not save them all though i tried. Hubby laughed when i told him i stuck them in my shirt to re warm them. This is her 2 nd litter she lost her 1st did a little better this time i hope the 3rd time she gets it right. She did not pull hair tell the evening after she had the babys and she did not build a nest for them.

Question: Can house rabbit people and meat rabbit people peacefully co-exist?

I'm getting back in to raising meat rabbits and the last thing I'd want to have to do is deal with rabbit rescue people raising issues with that. I lurk at rabbit forums geared to raising rabbits for profit where none of that occurs.

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom