Backyard Brahmas!!

Thank you, Wendy!! I love our big girls. Watching them run across the lawn when I call is HYSTERICAL! The buff is from Dan Powell line. Wish I had gotten more before our breeder decided to retire!

We have two brahmas in our mix of breeds. They are beautiful big fluffy girls. We're still waiting for their first real molt, but their patterning is lovely, and should be even more so once they get new feathers! We have a gold laced and buff laced. Callie is our gold laced, and Lacey is our buff laced.
smile.png
. They are two of our head turners.
wink.png
[/IMG]

Now that second bird is an interesting color. I've seen red shoulders bleed through on males before, but I don't know just what to make of her. Looks like she has the Cornish black neck hackle thing going, gold neck hackles, but predominately silver body with gold bleeding through. Very nice heavy lacing.

Last edited:
She is all gold laced, her feathers are just faded right now because she is close to her first full adult moult. :). She is gorgeous with the gold coming through, and green/purple beetling on the black.

She is all gold laced, her feathers are just faded right now because she is close to her first full adult moult.
smile.png
. She is gorgeous with the gold coming through, and green/purple beetling on the black.

Be sure to post a picture of her after her molt. She has me curious.

Oh I'm familiar with the sainted Dan Powell.

Lol! Honestly, I didn't care whose line. When I saw the buff laced and saw that my guy had them, I had to have one. He was the one who had talked me into the gold laced. Said her coloration would only get better. He was totally right. The buff (Lacey) is pretty and unusual, but you have to look closely to see the muted lacing. Callie's is striking.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom