Backyard Brahmas!!

Here are some pictures of the newest members of my flock. I love my brahmas and my Avatar Caroline, my only light brahma is the most dear to my heart. I wanted to hatch a couple more of her eggs and when Ebony, my black Cochin went broody I had the perfect chance to do so. Ebony hatched 3 eggs but only 2 chicks survived the first week, one of her chicks (the little black one named Ebony Junior or E.J. for short) and Sandy, Caroline's chick. Sandy is a cross between a light brahma and a buff laced brahma. So far, her coloring is like that of a buff brahma which is the columbian pattern with the buff and black. I will be able to tell more as her feathers come all in if there is any lacing at all. I just love the both of them and they are doing great thanks to the awesome care of Ebony. They will be 4 weeks old on Saturday. The buff laced hen, Athena is Sandy's aunt and the buff laced rooster, Remus is Sandy's dad.

Here are some pictures of the newest members of my flock. I love my brahmas and my Avatar Caroline, my only light brahma is the most dear to my heart. I wanted to hatch a couple more of her eggs and when Ebony, my black Cochin went broody I had the perfect chance to do so. Ebony hatched 3 eggs but only 2 chicks survived the first week, one of her chicks (the little black one named Ebony Junior or E.J. for short) and Sandy, Caroline's chick. Sandy is a cross between a light brahma and a buff laced brahma. So far, her coloring is like that of a buff brahma which is the columbian pattern with the buff and black. I will be able to tell more as her feathers come all in if there is any lacing at all. I just love the both of them and they are doing great thanks to the awesome care of Ebony. They will be 4 weeks old on Saturday. The buff laced hen, Athena is Sandy's aunt and the buff laced rooster, Remus is Sandy's dad.
Very nice!

Beautiful birds. I especially love your big buff laced guy. I'd love to see some updates of the babies as they grow.

It has been my experience when crossing single lace to columbian pattern, the resulting chicks will much more strongly resemble columbian with some additional slight ticking, or partial lacing. The cockerel on the right is a silver laced/ light cross. The fact your chick is black trimmed tells you that your male is carrying but one copy of dominant white.

Big Medicine

Thank you so much for the great information about the feather patterns! :) I have been wondering what she will look like and I really don't know much about genetics. As Sandy gets bigger and more of her feathers come in I will be sure to post pictures here.

By the way I have always enjoyed seeing the beautiful pictures of your custom brahmas and what new colors you come up with. :)

They're cute! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom