Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics
Kitty, our light Brahma girl, is working on setting a new record. Eight days laying in a row
Are you sure she's a Brahma?
D.gif

Can I get some input on which hatcheries you got your Brahmas from and how they turned out? We had a dog attack over the weekend so I am starting over. I really liked my stock from Cackle and was very disappointed in the birds from Ideal. So, I am thinking of sticking with what I know and going with Cackle but since I am starting over I thought of mixing it up and they only offer sexed lights ...their buffs are only s/r and they don't have darks. I am mainly concerned as a lot of hatchery brahmas have too much extra black in their Columbian pattern as was the case with the ones I got from ideal and is what I want to avoid. I also want them to hold true to their calm/laid back nature. They don't have to be snuggly just not crazy like a leghorn.

that may have gotten too specific but any input would be helpful with pictures being even better.

it is an unusually cool April so not average. They actually did quite well in the snow. They would go all over in the ickiest weather. Now I just have the one lady left but she roamed all over and has soggy feet as usual haha

Can I get some input on which hatcheries you got your Brahmas from and how they turned out? We had a dog attack over the weekend so I am starting over. I really liked my stock from Cackle and was very disappointed in the birds from Ideal. So, I am thinking of sticking with what I know and going with Cackle but since I am starting over I thought of mixing it up and they only offer sexed lights ...their buffs are only s/r and they don't have darks. I am mainly concerned as a lot of hatchery brahmas have too much extra black in their Columbian pattern as was the case with the ones I got from ideal and is what I want to avoid. I also want them to hold true to their calm/laid back nature. They don't have to be snuggly just not crazy like a leghorn.

that may have gotten too specific but any input would be helpful with pictures being even better.

I only have experience with chicks from Cackle hatchery, however I have great birds and I see no reason not to reccommend them for Brahmas. My girls are actually colored like Brahmas, they are about 7 lbs. each, and they're laying like crazy... Just sayin'. :)

Back
Top Bottom