Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics
They are quite a bit slower.  Does "she" have tail feathers yet?

I am wanting to put them out in the coop but she has me worried. They are all much to large for the brooder box now and do spend the days outside.

I am wanting to put them out in the coop but she has me worried. They are all much to large for the brooder box now and do spend the days outside.
How cold does it get at night? If there is no draft they will be fine down to about 35F but if you are worried you can always add a heat lamp for night time.

If it is 6 weeks old I think you may have yourself a little boy just judging by lack of tail feathers and the abundance of dark feathers. But I am not pro so wait and see what others say.

How cold does it get at night? If there is no draft they will be fine down to about 35F but if you are worried you can always add a heat lamp for night time.

If it is 6 weeks old I think you may have yourself a little boy just judging by lack of tail feathers and the abundance of dark feathers. But I am not pro so wait and see what others say. 

Oh gosh I hope it's not a boy :( I'd be devastated. I can't have a roo. I did get it from a hatchery that guarantees up to 90%
Accuracy the sex of the chicks. Ya I'm in NC so it's not to terribly cold maybe low 40's a night right now.

Back
Top Bottom