Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics

A terrible updated photo of one of our Gold Laced. I'm getting the feeling he's a boy-much darker feathers with purple, amber and green coming in, a more pronounced comb, and red in the face. The other has gold and black lacing and is much more evenly colored. I'll post a photo of her next. Any opinions on this one?

Brahmama, He does have a bit of a tail starting. When did he hatch? I have a 5 week old blue partridge who's extremely tall like your gold, and has the same tail,and I was sort of thinking pullet. Well, if yours is a male, then mine probably is too.

Brahmama, He does have a bit of a tail starting. When did he hatch? I have a 5 week old blue partridge who's extremely tall like your gold, and has the same tail,and I was sort of thinking pullet. Well, if yours is a male, then mine probably is too.

He was hatched on July 10th so they are 6 weeks. I think the Gold Laced boys and girls look quite different from one another so I'm thinking I may have to rehome:( They are such beauties, I keep hoping that I'm wrong. They are similar in size but so different coloring wise.

He was hatched on July 10th so they are 6 weeks. I think the Gold Laced boys and girls look quite different from one another so I'm thinking I may have to rehome:( They are such beauties, I keep hoping that I'm wrong. They are similar in size but so different coloring wise.

OH MY GOSH! My GL Brahma chicks are from the same hatch date, the first pic looks WAY bigger than mine, lol. I'm also near St. Louis! I posted updated pics of mine not too long ago. Thinking I have one or two boys, but not completely sure. One is looking a TINY bit pink in the comb, 2 kinda look like "pre" wattles are coming in. Let me know how yours turn out, I will try to get more pics of mine soon to compare! Where did you get yours, just out of curiosity, I got my 3 from Jacquie on this site.

OH MY GOSH!  My GL Brahma chicks are from the same hatch date, the first pic looks WAY bigger than mine, lol.  I'm also near St. Louis!  I posted updated pics of mine not too long ago.  Thinking I have one or two boys, but not completely sure.  One is looking a TINY bit pink in the comb, 2 kinda look like "pre" wattles are coming in.  Let me know how yours turn out, I will try to get more pics of mine soon to compare!  Where did you get yours, just out of curiosity, I got my 3 from Jacquie on this site.

We have siblings!! I got mine from Jacqueline too-so funny. Ive been obsessing over your photos, comparing mine. Yours look more the one of mine that i think is female?!! I'm in Kirkwood, where are you? Love this site!

One more of my buff brahma, Poppy. Then I'll leave you guys alone, promise!
lol.png
I don't think she's laying yet. I've lost count of how old she is though, 23-24 weeks I think. She's such a big girl, much bigger than my other standard birds of the same age.

We have siblings!! I got mine from Jacqueline too-so funny. Ive been obsessing over your photos, comparing mine. Yours look more the one of mine that i think is female?!! I'm in Kirkwood, where are you? Love this site!

We've been worrying that we have cockerels! Just no telling at this age I guess, some things look female, some male. I'm right at the edge of Ballwin, we go into Kirkwood pretty much every week when the Farmer's Market is open! Such a small world! It's such a great site!

Back
Top Bottom