Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics
ladyrsanti,She's gorgeous!!! She could be of laying age, I think some Brahma's start laying at six mos. others up to a full year. She's way brighter(almost orange) than my two hatchery buffs. They're not beauties like yours, but they're the sweetest girls ever, so I have no complaints.

You two with Jacqueline's chicks, Did you hatch them? They're gorgeous. Keep us posted as to pullet/cockerel, okay?

Question: what's the difference between gold partridge and gold laced?

Jwhitty, Are you the one getting them from your cousin? Are they lights? I can't remember.

One more of my buff brahma, Poppy. Then I'll leave you guys alone, promise!
lol.png
I don't think she's laying yet. I've lost count of how old she is though, 23-24 weeks I think. She's such a big girl, much bigger than my other standard birds of the same age.

Such a pretty girl! My Brahmas didn't start laying till 9.5-10.5 months, so don't hold your breath.

Love the fluffy butt!! Only have mature leghorns right now and they just look so scrawny. Can't wait for my juveniles to fill out.
One more of my buff brahma, Poppy. Then I'll leave you guys alone, promise!
lol.png
I don't think she's laying yet. I've lost count of how old she is though, 23-24 weeks I think. She's such a big girl, much bigger than my other standard birds of the same age.

One more of my buff brahma, Poppy. Then I'll leave you guys alone, promise! :lol: I don't think she's laying yet. I've lost count of how old she is though, 23-24 weeks I think. She's such a big girl, much bigger than my other standard birds of the same age.
Are you a photographer? Your photos are very professional looking and the colors you get are so rich. Poppy is an amazing bird and very photogenic. Her face is beautiful and her eyes are so dark and pretty, post away!!

ladyrsanti,She's gorgeous!!! She could be of laying age, I think some Brahma's start laying at six mos. others up to a full year. She's way brighter(almost orange) than my two hatchery buffs. They're not beauties like yours, but they're the sweetest girls ever, so I have no complaints.

You two with Jacqueline's chicks, Did you hatch them? They're gorgeous. Keep us posted as to pullet/cockerel, okay?

Question: what's the difference between gold partridge and gold laced?

Jwhitty, Are you the one getting them from your cousin? Are they lights? I can't remember.

I got mine at ten days old from Jacqueline, she hatched them from eggs from guy who started the breed (cant remember his name).I wish I could get some decent photos of them-they move so fast and aren't as cuddly as my others. The one who looks like a boy has purple and green colored feathers coming in-I wish I could keep him (unless he's a she and of course I will). I will keep everyone updated, I need the feedback. Thanks for asking!

Are you a photographer? Your photos are very professional looking and the colors you get are so rich. Poppy is an amazing bird and very photogenic. Her face is beautiful and her eyes are so dark and pretty, post away!!

Thanks! Professionally trained but not actively professional. When I was in art school, it was all darkroom photography though. Digital cameras were just starting to creep into the market. Now I mostly take pictures as a hobby but have done some small jobs now and again when someone asks.

G
I got mine at ten days old from Jacqueline, she hatched them from eggs from guy who started the breed (cant remember his name).I wish I could get some decent photos of them-they move so fast and aren't as cuddly as my others. The one who looks like a boy has purple and green colored feathers coming in-I wish I could keep him (unless he's a she and of course I will). I will keep everyone updated, I need the feedback. Thanks for asking!
Gold partridge are gold around the head & mainly dark the laced have gold flakes all in they're feathers

They are Powell line GL Brahmas, but from another breeder (a friend of hers, who's birds are first gen. from him). I began talking to her about them when they were about 8 days old, then picked up my 3 when they were 14 days (since that was my next day off that my DH was working, these were a surprise for him, lol). Jacquie hatched them from shipped eggs during the July HAL. I will also keep everyone posted as to the genders and with updated photos. Brahmama, sorry yours aren't very affectionate. It took a week or two for ours to warm up to us, but now they are pretty good, much more confident and have learned from the other pullets we are raising, which are very friendly, they even have a unique noise when we come in the front door! Not all of ours like to be picked up though, most like to perch on our arms or shoulders, and the Brahmas have followed suit. Good luck with your chicks!

Back
Top Bottom