Backyard Brahmas!!

I have one who lays an egg everyday for about a week then takes a day but the others are closer to every other day layers. If you know what hatchery/breeder the chicks are from it could help you get a better idea of what to expect laying wise. Have Fun!!
My brahmas lay a bit, then they go broody. I break the broodiness, then they go ages before they start laying again. My ISA Browns are far better layers. My brahmas aren´t hatchery, so maybe that makes a difference. They´re pretty though so I keep them even if they do only give me eggs from time to time!

My brahmas lay a bit, then they go broody. I break the broodiness, then they go ages before they start laying again. My ISA Browns are far better layers. My brahmas aren´t hatchery, so maybe that makes a difference. They´re pretty though so I keep them even if they do only give me eggs from time to time!
Mine aren't hatchery ones either. Guess that's why they constantly want to go broody!

Probably. but they´re great anyway. I love to see them with their chicks.
I haven't let one hatch chicks yet. Silkies do that job for us, and I'm a bit nervous that these big girls may be too clumsy and step on the eggs or chicks.
idunno.gif

I haven't let one hatch chicks yet. Silkies do that job for us, and I'm a bit nervous that these big girls may be too clumsy and step on the eggs or chicks.
idunno.gif
Well they do break eggs at times, but not a lot. And they do step on their chicks, but the chicks bounce back. I just love to see them with their real mums. But Silkies are great, though, aren´t they for rearing chicks.

Well they do break eggs at times, but not a lot.  And they do step on their chicks, but the chicks bounce back. I just love to see them with their real mums.  But Silkies are great, though, aren´t they for rearing chicks.

Silkies are the best broodies!! It is quite comical to watch a Silkie raise Brahma chicks though!

Back
Top Bottom