Backyard Brahmas!!

I'm getting variations of red splash and solid blue. Their chicks are still feathering in, though, and there are more eggs in the incubator.

I'm not sure that you have to give them very much more than the 10 sq ft per bird that is recommended for large fowl, but as a general rule, the larger you can make your runs the better for the health of the birds.

Just had to share that one out of my four gold partridge girls just started laying. I got a new egg on Sunday but didn't know who it came from. Caught her in the act this morning! So excited for spring so I can set up breeding pens and work on my gold and blues :)

I'm not sure that you have to give them very much more than the 10 sq ft per bird that is recommended for large fowl, but as a general  rule, the larger you can make your runs the better for the health of the birds.

Thx I have two acres fenced in fire them to free range on, but they'll gave yo share it with my EE flock. I have to gave a way to separate each for breeding. Both sets of hens had to be nosey and go check each other out.

Since you will probably only be keeping them in breeding pens for a few weeks? then I would be satisfied with 10+ sq ft per bird. Of course, keep in mind that unless you are planning on building new pens every year, bigger is better just in case you ever want to put more birds in there.

Back
Top Bottom