Backyard Brahmas!!

One of my buff brahma babies Pumpkin. She's such a lovey girl.

Simply for your viewing pleasure... North (the favorite wife) and South the rooster.

Couldn't resist the purely art picture.

He is getting that distrustful eye....

Hello all, I've been reading all about Brahmas here and the other thread, as I want to take really good care of my babies. My husband and I were picking up some barred rock eggs and checking out her birds for quality when this ginormous bird comes up to me (the head was at my thigh!) and proceeds to lean into me. The breeder said "don't mind him, he's just wanting to be picked up". Turns out her daughter carries him around like a teddy bear lol. So, of course, I had to ask what it was. It was a gold partridge brahma. My husband took one look at my face and said "yep, were gonna need some of them..."
And so it began. :gig
My babies are around 3 months old and I adore them! My avatar is a surprise buff brahma that was thrown in the mix of eggs we hatched out. Yeah, now I need those too!

Looking forward to learning, Val

We love our three month old Brahma too. We will deffinately look into getting another color of Brahma to add to our little flock in a few years. Our light brahma is very, very sweet. She likes to be held and petted and is a bit of a Daddy's Girl cause he forages up slugs for her by moving pots around in the yard and they are one of her favorite foods. Yuck!

Growing out those foot feathers she has looks so painful though! We notice more and more erupting through the skin/scales on her feet every day. If her feet get dirty during the day I will soak her feet in warm water before bed and she seems to enjoy it. I am hoping it helps soothe her feet.

We love our three month old Brahma too. We will deffinately look into getting another color of Brahma to add to our little flock in a few years. Our light brahma is very, very sweet. She likes to be held and petted and is a bit of a Daddy's Girl cause he forages up slugs for her by moving pots around in the yard and they are one of her favorite foods. Yuck!

Growing out those foot feathers she has looks so painful though! We notice more and more erupting through the skin/scales on her feet every day. If her feet get dirty during the day I will soak her feet in warm water before bed and she seems to enjoy it. I am hoping it helps soothe her feet.

Awww, mine love when I give them bits of apple. Hubby says no to the light Brahmas because we have light Sussex and he reckons they look almost the same lol, I'll teach him yet. I definitely want more buff Brahmas as well as some dark Brahmas. I only have one blue partridge but she is glorious! Mine love to be petted on too but we try to handle or birds as much as possible while they are young so they stay that way. Although nobody comes close to my little black rock "daredevil" (so named because she has never shown any fear ...of anything lol). She actually loves for me to rock her to sleep!

Hi, just wondering if anyone could take a guess at what breeds these guys may be? I got them last fall and they are 3-4 years old. It doesn't really matter to me what type of cross they are, I'm just curious :)

They are wonderful to have around, very docile and friendly. They LOVE to fling the mulch out of my flower beds and now each has a favorite 'hole' to lay in at the front of the house.

Back
Top Bottom