Backyard Brahmas!!

Just a heads up for any brahma seekers in the UK, we came across this guy selling "his creation" of buff laced Brahmas. His photos are actually Dan Powell's, and his ad is copied off of Dan's webpage. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321837489506
He has other listings using fake photos as well, just want to warn people!

Can you post this in the anyone in England thread, it would help people out :)

Question... I have 3 brahmas, 2 new hampshires, and 3 australorps, out of all of them the brahmas are the bullies of the flock and are not very pleasant to humans either. All were bought at the sane time, reared together and spoiled equally. I dont understand why they are aggressive. Please help!

Question... I have 3 brahmas, 2 new hampshires, and 3 australorps, out of all of them the brahmas are the bullies of the flock and are not very pleasant to humans either. All were bought at the sane time, reared together and spoiled equally. I dont understand why they are aggressive. Please help!

Sorry for your troubles. Questions: How old are they? Are they male, female, both? How long has this been going on? Define aggressive?

I've never had aggressive Brahmas but they certainly can go through the same hormonal changes and pecking order challenges that other breeds go through. Mine are gentle giants but don't allow the other breeds to push them around.

This is Chloe :)

Hard to tell, can you get a picture of the comb / face from the front? Looks more like a cockerel stance and those hackle feathers look quite long, and are those wattles as big as they look?
hmm.png

One of my buff Brahma laid her first egg this morning!!! They are 22 weeks old today. However, it wasn't fully formed. It was a yolk in only half a shell. Is that normal for a first egg?

Back
Top Bottom