Backyard Brahmas!!

These are buff laced. The breeder was still working on the project, so no guarantee on color out of hatching eggs. They are adorable, but always look tired.
Oh how pretty! Those are on my future want list. Wonder why they look tired? Mine have a scowl almost like a hawk. Except for one, my Cricket she has an innocent look in her eyes. LOVE my brahmas. Congrats on the new adorable babies!! :)

Yes, it's normal- they get scared of their shadows coming into lay-- partly because the roosters chase them, but once they start laying, they settle again and become the normal sweet birds you are used to.

I'm searching for Brahma or Brahma cross hatching eggs. I know it's late in the season, but if you know of any please pm me. I've found one source but it's more money than I want to spend. Thank you.

Our 25 week old Light Brahma named Pema, from Meyer Hatchery. I love her shape and size and a her sweet personality. I think she started laying this week but haven't caught her in the act. I've gotten 4 small peach pullet eggs four days in a row, but they could be from our White Rock Snow who laid 6 eggs then took two weeks off.

Edited to add, I caught her laying this morning and the eggs match :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom