Backyard Brahmas!!

Here in Pakistan the temperature is almost 38-40 degrees right now. It's very hot here. my chickens don't shout, roam or do anything instead of sitting on the corner with their mouths open. They do drink a lot in afternoon but they look very tired. What should I do? I have placed a shade where they all sit together. Should I spray them with water? Or give them anything to eat so they don't feel hot? I don't know what to do. HELP PLEASE.

I give my chickens Popsicles, I hold the stick and they will eat it, it has to be red tho :) also when it gets to hot I will dunk them in water making sure to get their feathers wet, since they are oily the water runs off and it's hard to do that. It helps a lot

I Live in Arizona which is extremely dry and hot too. Aside from some of the other things mentioned, I keep a little kiddie/wading pool in their run they can play in to cool off. I'll add ice if it starts getting pretty warm.

Also hot here in the summer. I give mine a large shallow pool to stand in if they like. I make sure there is always a shaded spot for them in the run. I also give them watermelon or frozen fruit/ veggie ice cubes. (More like ice blocks since I freeze it in a cut off 2 liter bottle.)

I hope your temp drops so they can be more comfortable.

It's 1 pm here in Karachi, Pakistan. The temperature right now is 43-44 degrees with no air. It's burning here. Hope my chickens survive. :( please pray.

fl.gif

I hope they are ok Uzair. THAT is very hot indeed. We have fared better here in Colorado this summer only having a few days over 40 degrees Celsius. I cannot imagine the worry you have right now for them. You have been far hotter than we get.

Back
Top Bottom