Backyard Brahmas!!

I had a really wonderful Partridge Brahma roo but no hens so I crossed him with my blue buff cochin hen. Got some lovely babies that look more like Brahmas and are much larger than the original parents. They probably needed some hybrid vigor. They also lay some neat spotted eggs.

They are 6 & 8 months old and the roo is a couple inches from hitting the top of my 24" tractor. I didn't think they would get this tall but they certainly aren't the size of the exhibition birds I have seen nor the monster in that video.

OMGOSH, my Lt. Brahma laid the largest eggs. She was not an everyday layer, maybe every two days, but the eggs were always in the 90 grams range. My largest was 97 grams. It was huge and we all fought over it. I raise the chickens for three households. She died unexpectedly at 1 1/2 yrs old. No clue why, no apparent illness. I miss her terribly. Her funny runs across the yard, even her dirty feet feathers. She was such a gentle bird,buddy to my one Silkie hen. I haven't had the heart to replace her yet. RIP Eagle.

I had a really wonderful Partridge Brahma roo but no hens so I crossed him with my blue buff cochin hen. Got some lovely babies that look more like Brahmas and are much larger than the original parents. They probably needed some hybrid vigor. They also lay some neat spotted eggs.

They are 6 & 8 months old and the roo is a couple inches from hitting the top of my 24" tractor. I didn't think they would get this tall but they certainly aren't the size of the exhibition birds I have seen nor the monster in that video.

WOOOW THATS GREAT CAN I GET SOME OF THE EGGS TO BUY ?

The trio, blue partridge cockerel with blue partridge and partridge pullets, are going to a new home Friday, barring unforeseen complications. They still look like scruffy dinosaurs, but more like chickens by the day.

**there is a pullet who is a few days older in a different group who will be staying as a #6 girl for Bash. Her name is Cora. Decided to do the next generation with "C" names since the parents all have "B" names.

WOOOW THATS GREAT CAN I GET SOME OF THE EGGS TO BUY ?
They just started laying so I put some eggs in the incubator to test fertility. Hatch date will be 4/19, can let ya'll know how it goes. These are really young birds so not sure if the roo knows how to do his job yet.

They just started laying so I put some eggs in the incubator to test fertility. Hatch date will be 4/19, can let ya'll know how it goes. These are really young birds so not sure if the roo knows how to do his job yet.

I know they would come out great ,so how can i get some of the eggs to buy please ????since the eggs can last for seven days ,am in ghana but would love to buy some and ship through dhl or fedex to ghana so that i can incubate them please

I know they would come out great ,so how can i get some of the eggs to buy please ????since the eggs can last for seven days ,am in ghana but would love to buy some and ship through dhl or fedex to ghana so that i can incubate them please
Sorry, I am definitely not shipping overseas. Good luck finding eggs!

Back
Top Bottom