Backyard Brahmas!!

My Brahmas:) supposed to be all hens but looking like a boy snuck in ;-)

Thought you might like to see my "Q" - we're pretty sure he's a dark brahma. 7.5 weeks old hatchery chick and way behind his Australorp flockmates as far as growth and feathering out. But I love his hawkish look and feathered feet!!

For size and feather references....same age Australorps.

Thought you might like to see my "Q" - we're pretty sure he's a dark brahma. 7.5 weeks old hatchery chick and way behind his Australorp flockmates as far as growth and feathering out. But I love his hawkish look and feathered feet!!

For size and feather references....same age Australorps.

LOVELY

Quote:
I ended up using 18 gallon rubbermaid totes for my girls. Cut a chunk out of one side, vent holes and left the top open (the lid of the chicken tractor covers it). It hangs on a frame. Partially so they were easy to pull out and clean and partially because a wood box of that size is so heavy I was worried I wouldn't be able to move the tractor.

1. I use the regular size pullet shut door on the main coop and they get themselves in and out. They can fit through some pretty tight spaces.
2. Definitely the lower the better. Figure two body lengths of jump space for each foot above the ground. Mine use a ladder.

Back
Top Bottom