baking bread

EnglishMuffins.jpg

Here you go! You can see that they are puffier than store bought. I was lucky and they did cook all the way through. Next time I will roll them out thinner. This is what is left from half the batch I made. There are 12 more in the freezer!

Quote:
Oh, I am so glad you tried it! I just had some this morn with fresh butter--makes great toast if you don't pig out and eat it all while warm!

Those english muffins look scrumptious! Have to try those!
tongue.png

I bake all the time. I've just mastered ciabatta! Have you ever looked at the King Arthur Flour site? It is amazing. By the way, I bake bird bread for my chickens-spoiled things!

Those english muffins are beee-youtiful. Do they have the nooks and crannies on the inside too? And did you freeze them before or after you baked them?

They have some nooks and crannies but not as many as a store bought muffin. I froze half the batch after I cooked them. You don't actually bake them. The recipe says to grill them. I used my electric griddle and that seemed to work just fine. They taste like English muffins, just 100 times better than the ones from the store. The reciped did say you could substitute one cup of whole wheat flour for one cup of the bread flour. I will be trying that next time. These aren't going to be around long!
Edited to add Thanks!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom