Banana Bread and Fudge Recipes To Share

Here's the Carnation Evaporated Milk brand's recipe for Fudge. It also has a variation to make different flavors of fudge too, a little lower on the page after the recipe. Haven't tried it yet tho. I'm sure it's a winner since it's a recipe I've even seen posted on a premade Carnation Fudge kit at Giant Eagle grocery store. Lord knows the recipe I tried not too long ago was a flop.
roll.png

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=18456

Microwave Fudge

1 bag powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa

mix well in a microwave safe bowl

1 stick mar or butter cut up into pats and laid on top of the above mixture in a random pattern

1/2 cup milk pour this around the above mixture

DO NOT STIR

cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir
and place back in microwave for 3 more minutes. Remove and beat with a mixer. Pour into buttered pan let set (ready to eat in seconds). This is very good soft fudge. Enjoy.

Quote:
Oooo!! Think I found my winner!!
thumbsup.gif
I'll try that one tomorrow!
gig.gif

One thing I was wondering is that it doesn't have any marshmallow in it? Isn't that kind of 'the glue' that holds it together?

Last edited:
zookeeper
I just made your recipe for fudge and its too soft! I must have done something wrong. I put it in the fridge about 15 minutes ago, but its still too soft to serve. How long should it take?

Quote:
It's in my first post after the naner bread.

Thanks debi. I copied that one to my recipes file, but I was hoping to get one that required a bit less work.
big_smile.png

Quote:
It's in my first post after the naner bread.

Thanks debi. I copied that one to my recipes file, but I was hoping to get one that required a bit less work.
big_smile.png

It may be work, but it will bring shouts of joy.

Quote:
Not sure why it would be too soft. I always use parkey did you use good butter ? That is all I can think unless your bag of powdered sugar was not 2 lbs.

Did it taste good? I have never had it soft it sets up really fast.

1 bag of 2lb powdered sugar
1 cup of cocoa
1 stick marg
1/2 cup milk

I would say try again. Sorry it didn't work for you but I have never known it to fail and everyone in my over large family use it.

update zookeeper
OK, after letting it sit for a while last night, we attacked it, and decided it was more the consistency and taste of really good tootsy rolls. Would that be right? Anyway, its exactly the consistency of soft caramel, so Im going to cut it out and wrap it individually in waxed paper, like we do caramels. It is really good.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom