Bantam Ameraucana Thread!

Yellow skin is recessive . Your breeder probably does not know he has Easter Eggers . May even get defensive and insist he has Ameraucana . Happens a lot unfortunately .

His parent flock came directly from one of the breeders in North Carolina listed in the directory (so he says). He is local and I took pictures of the parent flock but they aren't on this phone. I remember he had a blue wheaten male and another one that I can't recall the color of, and buff, lavender, and maybe silver females.

Tonight when everyone's on the roost I'm going to take a better look at them. Having a broody raise them makes them a bit flighty (less work for me, though).

His parent flock came directly from one of the breeders in North Carolina listed in the directory (so he says). He is local and I took pictures of the parent flock but they aren't on this phone. I remember he had a blue wheaten male and another one that I can't recall the color of, and buff, lavender, and maybe silver females.

Tonight when everyone's on the roost I'm going to take a better look at them. Having a broody raise them makes them a bit flighty (less work for me, though).
Okay this makes some sense . He has mixed the colors Still hard to account for the yellow skin out of pure Ameraucana . Perhaps he added some from another source that were not as pure as stated .
This picture is of some bantam EE that shows what is out there . 1 female is wheaten family probably splash wheaten . 2 have silver kind of blue silver penciled . There are green legs and slate .

Last edited:
We had great hatching earlier this year. We hatched way more males than females, but that is the norm around here. We have a nice set of Black, Blue, Splash, White, and Self Blue Ameraucana Bantams growing out. We have a bunch of little cockerels crowing every morning and some of the pullets have started laying. We are looking forward to the show season here in the South. It is just now cooling down enough that we can haul chickens to the shows. We have already had a couple of great shows and looking forward to several more between now and the end of March.

We have noticed more interest in Bantam Ameraucans this show season. Two years ago, there were very few if any Ameraucana Bantams at the shows we attended in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Georgia. Last year, there were a handful at every show, but most of those were ours. At the Red River Bantam Club's show in Gainesville, Texas there was 32 Ameraucana Bantams. At the State Fair of Texas in Dallas last week, there were 45 Ameraucana Bantams exhibited by 5 breeders.

We are looking forward to a great spring and lots of Bantam eggs to hatch this year. The biggest problem that we have found with Bantam Ameraucanas is finding GOOD breeding birds to work with. It took us searching high and low to acquire the Ameraucana Bantams that we have to work with, but it was well worth it.

We are still searching for Buff Ameraucana Bantams. If anyone has any good ones or know of anyone who does, please let us know.

Be Blessed,
Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL
Arp, Texas

My speckled bantam ameraucanas laid me my first egg out of 6 different breeds of hens today! Been waiting for ever
1f60d.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I have been AWOL from BYC, during which time my " Bantam Ameraucanas" grew up. One of the little yellow'pullets' literally changex it's look overnight! So I got 12 eggs, 7 hatched,3 gorgeous cockerels and 4 demure pullets. I sold l but one pullet, could have sold her too, but I have wanted to see one laying those little sky blue marbles! Besides, her surrogate mother has been the only Bantam for a long time.T hey are great little birds, I plan to have some more.

Last edited:
Anyone able to "judge" my roo? He is 7 months old... I am new to birds and just curious how he compares! I would love some feedback on him

Happychick24,

You have a very cool looking rooster but I hope your heart wasn't set on him being an Ameraucana. He's pretty much missing most of the characteristics that define the breed.

If anyone has a cockerel/rooster near Maryland/Delaware that they need to sell/rehome, please let me know. I'm okay if it is a nonstandard color as long as it has proper white skin and slate shanks. I can go as far as Philly, Baltimore, Norfolk.

Back
Top Bottom