Bantam chick genetic parentage and sex

Chicalina

Crowing
Aug 1, 2020
UK
UPDATE: 6.5 weeks old pics start at post #24

I know, I know, it is too early to tell the sex! But I wanted opinions on the parentage of these little fluffy butts, and if anyone has a prediction on sex then chip in with that too!

I'm hopeless with chicken genetics. Cannot make sense of the Kippen website, but would love to know what the mixes are.

The father of all of them is a paint Silkie. Mothers are either splash blue laced red Wyandotte, mottled Pekin (cochin), cuckoo Polish, or my gold laced frizzle Polish.

I will post pics next. There are 4 chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to say that they are all 10 days old.

Wyatt has cream coloured wing feathers coming in. Not white but buttery cream. The only chicken I have with yellow legs is a Wyandotte so assuming she is the mother?
20200901_121435.jpg
20200901_121554.jpg
20200901_121708.jpg
20200901_121801.jpg
20200901_121840.jpg

I agree, Tutu (means grandma in Hawaiian by the way...:)) looks to be from one of your polish. Too early for me to tell if she is frizzle. Cutie:love
If your smooth polish carries the gene for frizzle, I believe she would have to be crossed with another frizzle carrier or a frizzle to get frizze chicks (recessive). So if Tutu is a frizzle, should be from your frizzle polish!:)

Pidgin is gorgeous, but then I am a sucker for lavender and blue chickens! I think she is from your wyandotte as well.
Congratulations on all your beautiful chicks!:)
Thank you! Its my favourite too! I've never had a blue or lavender chicken before and it is only recently I was told that my Wyandotte was splash laced red as I always thought she was buff laced with dirty neck colouring!

Back
Top Bottom