Bantam Cochin Gender???????

I really do think it is a pullet.  When you know for sure,  crows or lays.  PLEASE update so we know.  Mysteries drive me nuts.

I certainly will! I can't say I've ever had such a difficult time with a chick. If it wasn't so pretty and the sons favorite I would have rehomed it as soon as the red comb appeared. Now I'm wondering how many pullets I've rehomed.

I certainly will! I can't say I've ever had such a difficult time with a chick. If it wasn't so pretty and the sons favorite I would have rehomed it as soon as the red comb appeared. Now I'm wondering how many pullets I've rehomed.
I have the same problem. I have two 7 week old lavenders and originally I was convinced the darker of the two was a cockerel but now I'm not so sure as neither of their combs have changed much at all over the past month. I would have thought there would have been more growth if there was a boy but I am a novice. Also one
day they will look quite red and another very pale. Any advice would be great.

I have the same problem. I have two 7 week old lavenders and originally I was convinced the darker of the two was a cockerel but now I'm not so sure as neither of their combs have changed much at all over the past month. I would have thought there would have been more growth if there was a boy but I am a novice. Also one
day they will look quite red and another very pale. Any advice would be great.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! My only advice at this point is to hang in there. At 12 weeks my definite boys started crowing and getting saddle feathers. Your chicks look exactly like mine did at 7 weeks.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! My only advice at this point is to hang in there. At 12 weeks my definite boys started crowing and getting saddle feathers. Your chicks look exactly like mine did at 7 weeks.
[/IMG]
It's so confusing.............see, today, where has the red gone? Hardly any at all! I hope I am lucky with these two they are the most beautiful chicks and both have a lovely nature. Only time will tell. I thought I was going mad until I saw your posts x
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
It's so confusing.............see, today, where has the red gone? Hardly any at all! I hope I am lucky with these two they are the most beautiful chicks and both have a lovely nature. Only time will tell. I thought I was going mad until I saw your posts x
[/IMG]

Lol. Their combs are tiny regardless. I'd wait before jumping on the rooster wagon!

Have been meaning to give everyone an update. My little bird in question is now almost 19 weeks! I will reserve my guess until the experts take a look, but I would hope by this age there should be an answer!!
1f60b.png

Back
Top Bottom