BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a mottled Cochin too!

The one in the background is her half brahma daughter.

This is her as a Pullet, she had a lot less white

She's very pretty

So true! I started out with one that I had adopted from a sanctuary... Then I got two now I am about to get another hen that is a bantam polish
1f602.png
YOU JUST CANT STOP!!!

I started out with one also! My friend had her and showed her at the fair and when I saw marshmallow I immediately fell in love. After the fair when I'd go to my freinds house she would come running when I called. About a year later I bought one of her marshmallows, I don't know if the one I have now is the original or not but she is just as tame and lovely :luv

Now I have seven Cochin bantams and more on the way! Some will be Cochin/brahma mixes

LOL...yep! You fall in love with one
yippiechickie.gif
and before you know it
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Can't wait to hatch some bantam cochins babies!!!!
big_smile.png

Hi there!
So working on building a coop for 4-6 Bantam Cochins and looking for advice
big_smile.png
We live up in the mountains so snow and temps are a consideration for sure! Also, we have mostly dirt, as grass does not grow naturally
hmm.png
Wondering if we are better building a raised coop or on the ground? Predator proofing is top priority! We have raccoons, skunks and coyotes for sure. And is there anything special you need to do in planning for Bantam cochins specifically? All thoughts and experience are VERY much appreciated!!!
thumbsup.gif

Nothin specifically for bantams I don't think at least we don't, we only have one bantam cochin roo (only bantam) but our coop is a 10x10 garden shed, raised off the ground with hardware cloth where there is an opening under the coop with bricks around that and a hardware cloth blanket under the ground so digging predators can't get in. We also put vinyl flooring in but it is getting a little torn up...they also have a field to run around in so they basically free range. We are also in a mountainous climate with hard winter and snow/cold, gets into -30 sometimes etc. Good luck with your bantams!!!

Nothin specifically for bantams I don't think at least we don't, we only have one bantam cochin roo (only bantam) but our coop is a 10x10 garden shed, raised off the ground with hardware cloth where there is an opening under the coop with bricks around that and a hardware cloth blanket under the ground so digging predators can't get in. We also put vinyl flooring in but it is getting a little torn up...they also have a field to run around in so they basically free range. We are also in a mountainous climate with hard winter and snow/cold, gets into -30 sometimes etc. Good luck with your bantams!!!

Thanks! I am thinking we at least need it raised a bit and we are also going to do the hardware cloth skirt around since our dirt id hard and rocky...not very easy to dig deep and burry the hardware cloth. Is your coop insulated?

Hi there!
So working on building a coop for 4-6 Bantam Cochins and looking for advice
big_smile.png
We live up in the mountains so snow and temps are a consideration for sure! Also, we have mostly dirt, as grass does not grow naturally
hmm.png
Wondering if we are better building a raised coop or on the ground? Predator proofing is top priority! We have raccoons, skunks and coyotes for sure. And is there anything special you need to do in planning for Bantam cochins specifically? All thoughts and experience are VERY much appreciated!!!
thumbsup.gif
Roosts and swings,things to pick at etc,but things Iike this go for any chicken run/coop.

Thanks! I am thinking we at least need it raised a bit and we are also going to do the hardware cloth skirt around since our dirt id hard and rocky...not very easy to dig deep and burry the hardware cloth. Is your coop insulated?
My coop is not insulated, our hardware cloth skirt is not really deep either because our ground is like clay!

Back
Top Bottom