Bantam Rhode Island Red Thread

I don't know if u think any different by going off this pic that's why I asked if u could take a pic of there wings

I don't know if u think any different by going off this pic that's why I asked if u could take a pic of there wings

I have been guessing that #2 is definitely a rooster. That one is pretty rowdy and just seems different than the others but i wasn't sure if the difference was sex or just a squirrelly personality lol! It will be interesting to see what happens with them.

Hi I'm trying to figure out what breed of chicken this is i think it might be a red island red bantam but not sure any thoughts?

My RIR Bantam hen "Red" and her roo Zeus (serama) that I'm creating a layer bantam that's small like the serama but layers like their momma...

Their only offspring for the project as of right now. Moult made all my birds stop laying... She's 5 mths old now and half the size of her momma

Hello! I'm new to chickens and I've got 3 Rhode Island Red Bantams. I've had them for 5 days now and I've gotten 5 eggs from the 2 hens. All 3 seem happy and healthy. I have noticed that they do not dust bathe. I didn't know if that was a breed thing or something else. Any advice is appreciated!

The pic is of them in a chicken tractor. The individual pics are in their run. Their run has sand in a corner, I put for them to use as dust bath. They came from a compacted dirt floor pen, with nothing for them to use to dust bathe. Could this be why they don't, they just aren't use to doing it?

The previous owner got them from the President of the Rhode Island Red Club of America, Matt Ulrich, so I'm assuming they are a really good blood line.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom