Bantam rooster with GI issues

These were the best pictures of his eyes I could get without someone to help me.
51DC02EA-42AC-42A2-AD81-D3E7AAFD735B.jpeg

Right eye.
C739EB58-1854-462E-BE66-534EAA00E46D.jpeg

Left eye.
I think he’s improving a little. He’s not making as many weird noises while trying to poop and his comb color is looking quite a bit better.

Soooo… he was doing really well so I decided he was finally ready to go back to the flock and let him out with them on Monday. The next day he started having issues again so back on the coconut oil and epsom soaks he goes. This is certainly weird and if it persists I might have the vet take a look at him.

Soooo… he was doing really well so I decided he was finally ready to go back to the flock and let him out with them on Monday. The next day he started having issues again so back on the coconut oil and epsom soaks he goes. This is certainly weird and if it persists I might have the vet take a look at him.
I'm glad he was doing o.k.

So after one day back with the flock, he started to have what kind of issues - having a hard time going/constipation/straining or just acting depressed?

Is he the only rooster or is there one with the flock?

It is odd, unless he became stressed by being moved. Chickens don't like change very much, so he was used to the routine he was in, but usually it takes more than a day to see the affects of the stress.
Was what he ate with the flock vastly different than he normally eats?

Just trying to figure this out...

Poor Guy! He's a pretty boy. I'm not sure what you can do except start over and get him back on track. You may find that he's not able to rejoin the flock.

I'm glad he was doing o.k.

So after one day back with the flock, he started to have what kind of issues - having a hard time going/constipation/straining or just acting depressed?

Is he the only rooster or is there one with the flock?

It is odd, unless he became stressed by being moved. Chickens don't like change very much, so he was used to the routine he was in, but usually it takes more than a day to see the affects of the stress.
Was what he ate with the flock vastly different than he normally eats?

Just trying to figure this out...

Poor Guy! He's a pretty boy. I'm not sure what you can do except start over and get him back on track. You may find that he's not able to rejoin the flock.
Yes, one day after rejoining the flock he started having constipation issues, straining but unable to actually go. We got him clean up and he’s since pooped multiple times.
He’s not the only rooster in the flock.
He was eating the same thing the rest of the flock eats when he was separated. If he’s unable to rejoin the flock then that’s fine, I’ll move his favorite hen in his little coop with him so he’s not alone.

He may do better with just his hen and not have to compete with the other rooster.
Likely stress of being with the others and not drinking well set him back, but it's good that things are going much better for him now.

Back
Top Bottom