barred easter egger?

Pics

Here are some recent pictures. Rooster is lavender cuckoo and those are some of his chicks.

Oh my word, your rooster is GORGEOUS!!!!
2665.png

Here is a pair of cuckoo chicks plus feet to show leg color. The second one is a cockerel that is much lighter in color. This should indicate 2 barring genes. This is supported by lighter leg color as the barring gene affects slate leg color

I hope this thread is dead, I just set some of Jerry's eggs. Will post pics when they hatch.
I have an absolutely lovely barred EE that lays pistachio green eggs. I plan to breed her to a blue AM for sex-linked chicks.
big_smile.png

Edited to say that I've been waiting so long for someone to come out and play! I about gave up :) Would love to see you chick photos :)

Last edited:
I spent hours last night reading this entire thread! Lets just say my brain was fried when I finished. Lol. Too much info. I do have a better understanding that's for sure. Now I can't wait for my eggs to hatch. I just set them yesterday
1f610.png

I spent hours last night reading this entire thread! Lets just say my brain was fried when I finished. Lol. Too much info. I do have a better understanding that's for sure. Now I can't wait for my eggs to hatch. I just set them yesterday
1f610.png

Here is what your chicks will look like. Black and blue. 6 males on left 4 females on right.

Back
Top Bottom