barred easter egger?

Final count, I hatched 12 out of 18 eggs. Only 3 cockerels! I don't know how I got so lucky!
I'm going to have you kiss my eggs next time I fill the incubator! What great luck
smile.png

Here is a cuckoo project pullet . Look at those dark legs ! I have 5 like this . About 10 weeks old . More that are younger . I am very pleased with my progress .

Forgive me if this question has been already answered on this thread (I read the first 10 pages, but 29 pages is more time than I have to spend!). I have three chicks just hatched that are Pure Wheaten Ameraucana roo over Barred Rock hen. My understanding is that all black chick means pullet, and white dot on head means cockerel. All three of my chicks are all black (with a slightest amount of light colored feathers at the tips of the wings). This would mean all pullets. I'm rather leery about my luck in having 3 pullet chicks out of 3. So, here is my question. I don't know the lineage of my BR hen. She is a hatchery chick, has nice barring and good conformation in general, and is a fabulous layer of extra large eggs, but a hatchery chick none the less. Is it possible that she would also have non-barred male offspring? All have cute little puffy cheeks and pea combs. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom