barred easter egger?

Hoping this thread is active. I have a barred EE that lays light green eggs. I'm unsure of her background, but I do know the roo is a big beautiful BR. Hen is an EE of some sort per the breeder. What would be the best route to produce more of the same? Also, I have a 10 wk old chick from the same breeder. He/she has a red comb and wattles already, but doesn't act even a little rooish. Thoughts?

To produce more barred you need a barred rooster . Get one from your breeder . A first generation cross rooster will only have 1 barring gene so not all the chicks will be barred pullets 50% barred 50% black . Cockerels all barred 50% single barring gene 50% 2 barring genes . You can tell them apart as the 2 barring genes make them a lighter color .
I could sell you some eggs that are already are true breeding . Send me a private message if interested .

Im very happy I found this thread! I have came up with an (accidental) cross with a barred cochin bantam roo with Standard EE hens! The offspring is barred, has muffs, and has feathered legged! All the chick's so far have been standard size. Tell me what you think! Ps I may be selling hatching eggs from them

Back
Top Bottom