barred easter egger?

I think the Barred EEs are pretty! I had one and she was a looker lOL! Sweet temperment to boot but lays a light green egg, not olive egg!

Good luck in finding them!

Oh, I think I have the makings to create a whole flock of these, purely by accident. Earlier this year I bought 8 EE pullets, and 5 straight run Cuckoo Marans. Looks like all 8 EEs are indeed pullets, and I got 4 of the 5 marans are Roos. I was planning to get rid of the roos, But I might keep one (or two). From this cross, all green/blue eggs in the nests will be future Barred EEs and they will be nifty Olive eggers at that.

Here they are (only about 8 weeks old)
YoungChickens3e.jpg

More photos on my web page below.

Hi! She's a pretty girl!

I've been hatching eggs from my Cuckoo / blue Cuckoo green-egger girls every week or so. I've been hoping to hatch a boy that is whatever it is you call it, B/B, maybe?
edit: That's what I need
smile.png

...once the barring trait is set with the males being doubled gened for it...

But I wouldn't know whether I got one unless someone told me, hahaha. I'll have to get some pics of the youngsters.
smile.png

Lisa​

Last edited:
Here's my accidental pullet. I took the picture tonight. The rooster in the picture is her 'pa-pa'.
roll.png

13020_downsized_1027091657b.jpg

13020_downsized_1027091658.jpg

ETA: As you can see above, my pens are a messy mixture. I think there's an Orp cockerels, Langshan pullet, Ameraucana, and an EE floating around in there. Not to mention - the dog in the background.
cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
32940_dscn4171.jpg

The one on the left is a Cuckoo Marans over a Splash Ameraucana. I'm hoping for olive eggs. She is still young, but the barring/cuckoo is showing on the back.

I was thinking of working on a blue barred olive egger someday, when I have a farm, and roosters... Best not push my luck here in the city!

Last edited:
Nice looking birds!

This is my blue barred roo, Eros. He is a cross of Blue Ameraucana roo x BR hen.

ETA: That's his daddy in my avatar.

I set 23 eggs from him on Sunday - a cross over EE hens and BR hens. I'm hoping to start a line of barred EEs.

060409_eros.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom